1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Two spots open, 1 on 53 & 1 PS.. how do you fill them??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Sep 9, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I personally would bring Skipper onto the 53, carry only two QBs and bring back Hodges onto the PS.....

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would certainly like to see Hodges back on board, the PS seems like a good fit. The bulk of the NFL only carries 2 QBs I think.

Skipper to the 53 for sure. Do the MNF games have to conclude before we know if he cleared waivers?

3. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Agree. Why sign someone to the 53 if he will never get a snap

5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would go Hodges to the PS and now that Skipper is gone, I go Terrell Pryor to the Active 53. He can push Moncreif while also being the emergency QB.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's and outside the box idea. Nice I like it plus PWP can call for him to run the Wildcat in the redzone

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    So QB Devlin Hodges to the practice squad and OLB Jayron Elliott was signed to the 53.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Well, most of was close....... Giants up and ruined it for us...... or was it Colbert / Tomlin thinking Skippers Great Preseason performance wouldn’t be noticed by the league ..... SMH

Elliot........ probably slower the Red.....

Cajun

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    You would have to think the league noticed. They have their scouts watching those games.

The thing I don't get is the fans and Pittsburgh media yammering on about how the team chose Holton over Skipper for the 53. Yes, Skipper was released to add Holton so I see the 1 for 1 connection, but the Steelers could just have easily put TE Gentry or OL Johnson on the PS instead of Skipper. Do you think any team is going to pounce on adding Gentry to the 53? I don't.

Their mistake imo, was sending the wrong guy to the PS. They should have protected Skipper on the 53. At the very least had him on there until Ola is fully ready to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Absolutely !!! I almost get keeping Gentry, he’s tall which makes and inaccurate Ben happy, and a decent blocker. They really really like keeping 3 TEs, I would have cut to the PS OG Johnson or Chuks.... neither played well enough to deserve.

The QB is the Most important player on any team..... that makes protecting him OT almost as important just like attacking ( sacking ) him so OLB is probably the next important. Banner is our backup OT so keeping Chuks is pure luxury, hopefully he develops but Johnson is a OG.... with a high ceiling but still an unproven OG!!!

I don’t consider this a Holton vs Skipper roster issue...... you keep Both!!!

Losing skipper and signing Elliot is a super Blunder and Colbert / Tomlin should be held accountable if it plays out Skipper becomes a solid OLB pro!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2