1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Punch Combo

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nafsteelers, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Nafsteelers

Nafsteelers Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    I wonder if using both D'Angelo and Bell in the back field at the same time would confuse the Patsie'S defense a little bit more.. Just like max protection and use DAngelo as a decoy. He would totally be somone else they have to account for if his on the field.

Just a thought...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Nice call. Would like to see one series early in the game with DW in the backfield and Bell lined up wide. That will create a matchup problem somewhere. They'd have to cover somebody with a LB. Ben will have to find it and exploit it.

Bell has had the hot hand though so I wouldn't want to foresake too many touches for him just to do it. Just a series plays early just to see how the defend it for possible use later too

3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Not a bad idea. We will need to throw some new looks at them to win this game.

4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Gotta use all your resources/ weapons against this team and no trickery they don't fall for it. Steelers will be playing two teams!!! The Cheats and their arrogant you can't beat us in Foxborough attitudes. First snap we gotta let them know we ain't that team you been beating up on all these years!! Plus Tomlin set the tone with locker room stance so no choice but to bring it. Go Steelers!!!

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'd rather have Nix in there personally.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I've been calling for that for 2 seasons now. I don't expect it to happen at this point. Glad they are using Nix more at full back though and when they have Bell run the ball consistently well down to the 5 or 6 yard line, that is not the time to go 5 wide and try to throw it in. I can't figure out for the life of me why this team continues to get away from what is working at crucial times during the games.

We should have beat the Chiefs by 27 but once again we keep the opposition within one score all game long. If we continue this trend against the Patriots then our quest for the 7th Lombardi ends Sunday. Relying on Boswell to put up all the points simply won't be a winning strategy.