1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

two picks to fill 7 spots

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Feb 25, 2013.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what's everyones thoughts on xavier rhodes at 1 and barrett jones at 2?

rhodes can play safety and is a great man to man cover guy. giving at least depth to both spots that we could use. he's the top cover corner also. they have been talking about how we are picking man to man cover guys as of late and he fits the bill.

jones covers 5 spots across the o-line. between he and beachum we should shore up any holes caused by injury and give us starter quality players.

these two picks could shore up 7 spots. thoughts?:cool:

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would be thrilled. I am not a huge fan of rhodes but he is versatile. If we get jones in second i really dont care who we get in first. I think at 17 we get a player at any position that can help. Well i take that back. Leave the tennessee recievers along i want no part of any of them

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I would pass on Rhodes and look into drafting jones to play center moving pouncey to guard.

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    jones is a better guard than he is center. he started his career at bama as a guard then played tackle. his senior year he switched to center. he played all positions at an all american level but watching him in high school just outside of nashville and his freshman year at bama. the kid is better suited to play guard

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Mac, I think Rhodes can play some safety, but I would only pick him with that in mind as a possibility after interviewing him and seeing how he responds to that suggestion.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope we pick IMPACT players, I am tired of safe players.