1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Two More Days!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go Deep, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Two more days until other teams cannot put an offer in for Wallace. I think this will work out! We will eventually sign him to a multi-year contract and keep our young and talented receiving corp together. Blow the top off Mike!

2. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Would be nice if we keep him but until then... I won't lose any sleep!

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I wish someone would take him from us :(

4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Wallace hurt himself (or his agent if you want to go that route) by coming out of the gates with, what appeared to be, such high demands. From my couch, I think he should have tested the waters a little more quietly and seen what a team was willing to give him but, maybe, that isn't how it is done now days.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The steelers are not going to let him go,but I was surprised that he didnt get more offers even for a #1 draft pick.

6. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Adam Schefter
    No team tried to sign Steelers RFA WR Mike Wallace to an offer sheet and, with deadline to do it Friday, it is not expected that one will.

7. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Don't be surprised if The 49'ers still try to slither in and grab him at the midnight hour.I don't trust either of the Hairball brothers, also watch out for the Bronco's!
    I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not we can make a statement on draft day with 2 # 1 picks to replace anyone.

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Let another team sign him!!....We will take their first round pick. He is NOT worth what he thinks he is!!!...STEELERS will NOT sign him next year!!(not at what he wants)...Not anywhere worth that!!! He is NOT the best WR on STEELERS team let alone the NFL!! Get a grip Mike.....you got speed.....thats it!!!! Go play for the Radiers....How many rings they have a chance to get you????

9. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I haven't broke game film down but I would have to say that part of Brown's success was because of two things; drawing opponents #2 corner and single coverage alot of the time? How often do we see good #2 WR get traded and over paid and flop because he then has to face every team's #1 corner? Why should we have to choose between the two? The front office has made two great picks with Wallace and Brown and another good one with Sanders. Fact is, they compliment each other and all bring something different to the team that make it tough on defenses. I also believe Haley will have designs that use Wallace's speed to free up and use Miller more.

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I'm not that emphatic about it, but I wouldn't be devastated if someone wanted to give us a number 1 for him.

11. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Pretty quiet thus far. Adam Schefter said last night he does not expect Wallace to get any offers today and I agree with his assessment.

12. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    tick toc tick toc tick toc feel like I'm waiting for Santa!

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The silence is deafening. Kind of like the second half of last season for Wallace.

14. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :lolol: :roflmao: :lolol: