1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuzar waived. Holton promoted to 53

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    From my understanding, once a practice squad player get claimed by another team ...he has the choice to stay with his current team on the practice squad??

2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    the other team has to sign them to the active roster. And they get 3 weeks pay. Which makes it a no-brainer financially.

A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't get all this piling on dirty red. All the guy has done is to lead the special teams in tackles for three straight years, foiled a pass play on a fake punt, blocked two kicks, one which they turned into 7 points, which by the way is 7 more then the return teams have done and when he did get his one start he led the team in tackles. What the hell do you guys want from a player? He's done what has been asked of him. Works hard and keeps his mouth shut. Wow, just wow.:cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree. He's a competent backup and a great ST player.

It just hurts if we lose Tuzar.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree but don't hurt one of the three phases of the game to keep the 5th olb. A guy that would probably not even dress. I would have kept him over chickillo personally. Saved the money. Chick is always hurt.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I don’t like cutting Tuzar!!! He Earned a roster spot!!! What more does a guy have to do???? Cutting Red is stupid right now.

In my final mock I struggled with keeping him and Holton and Gilbert..... personally I would not keep 9 OL on the 53.... Chuks or Johnson would be on the PS.

Cajun

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm talking about what Red offers as a LB. Now maybe Skipper offers nothing as a LB either but we already know that about Red.

Sorry but i don't think ST players are irreplaceable. I never liked carrying DHB all those years either just because he was a great gunner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. It was one thing last year, when the Steelers were thin at inside linebacker and actually did have to turn to Matakevich to start a game. Now they have invested heavily in the position by bringing in Barron, Bush and Gilbert. Matakevich shouldn't see a down at inside linebacker this season and he has zero upside at the position. The Steelers kept him over a guy who did show some real upside this preseason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    They didn't keep him to play lb over those guys. They kept him to do what he does better then anyone else on the team the last 3 years.:cool:

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has been here 4 years and has done nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Be a likeable underdog? Nix is a better special teams player and every other inside linebacker on the roster is better at actually playing defense

12. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    It's possible you give Skipper the same opportunities on special teams as Mr. Dirty, he could possibly perform the same if not better than Dirty. Skipper had a great day on special teams last week. Skipper > Dirty Red 24/7....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Tuzar is at the very Bottom of the roster.

This is a fact ...... one that I disagree with as other casual fans but in the the eyes of the coaches and GM he is the bottom of the barrel.

It has nothing to do with Red, ILBers, OL or Big Dan.

Harrison was once in Tuzar shoes..... let’s Pray Tuzar rises from the ashes and succeeds like Harrison did!!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Red has Proven his worth. Skipper has not.
    Red is dependable..... Skipper is hopeful

Maybe someday Skipper succeeds and becomes DPOY like deebo did but Today he is an unproven UDFA Rookie who hasn’t done one single thing on gameday..... Red has shown he is among the NFL best ST over a few years......

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What are you basing that on?
    He's not even the best ST player on the team.

16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    No he isn’t !!!! Time for you to wake up !!! Red is the better football player..... The Steelers didn’t weaken our team by trading AB AND we in fact got better without him!!!

Cajun

17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Prove it!!

Nix had 7 tackle one block punt and a forced fumble on ST last year.

Red once again led the team with 10 tackles... in 17’ he led the team with 14 tackles and two blocked punts

Cajun

18. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    In the eyes of most Steeler fans, Skipper played like a hungry beast. Last game & many games prior, defensively Dirty Red was basically worthless. Special team players are replaceable. Bottom line is we better not lose this brother to another team...

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That made me laugh. :lolol:

20. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I Like Skipper!!! I had him on my final roster..... And I’ll be upset if we lose him!!!

If Red or any ST is so easily replaceable why hasn’t anyone outperformed him the past couple years???

Cajun

21. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

Don’t laugh at yourself like that !!! Everybody says Stupid crap every once in a while..... it’ll be ok,

Cajun

22. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    Skipper played like a young James Harrison & seem like an insurance policy. It's mentally retarded to risk a player like this on waivers...

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Because everything the Steelers do makes perfect sense?...o_O

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I say stupid stuff all the time, no question about that.
    Unfortunately for you, this isn't one of those times.:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  25. TxSteelFan

TxSteelFan Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Need to go get Clowney from Seattle. Only two guys that disrupt brady the most: Clowney and JJ Watt. Seattle needs bodies, trade them Bud, Chickillo, Switzer plus next years 3rd rounder.