1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnovers...or lack there of

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There is definitely something wrong with this defense right now, and I can't really put my finger on it? But one telling stat is lack of Turnovers. NBC gave the stat that they have the least through the first half of the season in all the history of the NFL.

This defense thrives off turnovers. They stop the run, and hope the QB makes a mistake. If the opposing QB doesn't make mistakes it is going to be a long day...

I think the team needs to go to the Carnell Lake school of "strip the ball while tackling"....

2. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I could give a damn about our turnovers. (Or lack thereof)
    I'd MUCH prefer a defense that can consistently get off on third down. Rather than let the other team run their asses over 14 times.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    NFL rules has made it too hard for us getting stops through coverage alone. If the pass rush isn't getting there, what is left for this defense to shut down a team?

4. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Whatever it is, we sure haven't found it. And I'd believe that getting better at third downs would lead to turnovers.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It has been a wacky year for turnovers. I can't remember when I have seen so many pass intercepted as the reciever is falling and tips the ball into the air or it bounces off them righ to the CB as he is going to make the tackle or just lying on the receivers as they go down and it gets picked up and ran back for scores. Just hasn't happen for teams that Pittsburgh is playing.