1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Out The Lights, The Party's Over.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brews Crew, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    So now that the season is officially a wash, do we now play for draft position?:facepalm:

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Not sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast!

3. Brews Crew

Nov 13, 2011
    Sorry, I have watched this team since the late 60's and the are going nowhere this year. They really need to start adding to this roster to get them in position for another 10 year run.

4. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd like to see what our W/L column looks like if they cut the penalties. I think a lot of this season comes down to a complete lack of discipline.

5. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i think it comes down to a lack of offense

HINES

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Hammer meet nail. I haven't seen a team sabotage themselves since the Steelers last year.

Its been an ongoing problem for years now. At what point do you hold Tomlin accountable? Cowhers teams were never his undisciplined for this long.

7. Brews Crew

Nov 13, 2011
    I believe that harristotle hit the nail on the head alright......no disipline at all.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't blame Tomlin one bit. It's not his fault, there's nothing he can do. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your players to play disciplined football when you do nothing but chest bump them every time they make a play, good or bad?

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The math says we aren't done, but I think we are done. The Steelers really just have not found the answers to the mysterious inconsistent things that has plagues them all season.

10. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well the question is who in the playoffs do you guys think we're capable of beating.

I'd like to know.

11. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    It depends on which team decides to show up. The one the beat the Giants or the one that lost to San Diego today.
    If the right one show up, I think this team can play with anyone. If not, they can lose to anyone.

12. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Exactly..
    Its doable , and i'll be watching every week and if they are still alive ,fingers will be crossed ..
    Just need to get in

13. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Well - considering that EVERYONE in the playoffs will have a winning record - I don't see how anyone thinks we can LOSE! This looks like a Super Bowl season to me if we're talking about who we can/can't beat in the playoffs. The Raiders, Titans, Browns and Chargers won't be there, so I think our chances are pretty good.

14. Brews Crew

Nov 13, 2011
    I dont think they make it out of round one if they even make it in. I certainly do not beieve that any team that will make the playoff's fear them. They are not the most physical team in the AFC.

15. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm reading this with some heavy sarcasm.

The added layer of humor on top of it:

"Since we play good against good teams, we should be SB champs since no bad teams are in the AFC playoffs!"

Thanks for the laugh.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This team is capable of beating any team, and capable to loose to any team!!!

17. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Once Ben found out that he wasn't going to die from being hit our offense started moving the ball. Being told that you were fractions of an inch away from death would probably have an impact on youre psyche for a little bit. He shook off the rust and our offense came alive.

I'm confident that we can beat any team out there this side of a trip to Mile High. Next week we see a different game now that Ben has his warmup game out of the way, much like Charlie Batch did.

18. virginiasteelerfan

virginiasteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    lol. so is "fire mike tomlin now!!!111!!!1!11" going to be the new battle cry? :facepalm:

19. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Pffft....Discipline? Accountability? What century do you live in my friend? Times have changed.

20. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We've lost to tenn, raiders, browns, chargers, broncos and ravens

We beat ravens, giants, eagles, redskins, bengals, chiefs, jets.

We lost to two playoff teams and beat three playoff teams. I wish the playoffs started today. We play better against teams with good records.

21. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    everyone take a breath. if the playoffs started today they would be in. sure they stunk it up today, but they can beat any team if they would play a clean game. i keep holding out hope that we will see them put it all together at some point.

they have definitely not peaked too early.

we know they can beat the Ravens. i fell pretty good if they meet the Colts. the Texans have a good record, but they are not killing people. the Broncos and Pats are playing really well right now, but in 4 weeks who knows.

the Steelers caught a huge break today with the Bengals and Ravens losing.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, Ben looked real nervous to me in the beginning, no doubt like you said it affected his psyche. This is why it was very important for Ben to get back in the mix of things as soon as possible. This team will start rolling right in time for the most important part of the season.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Where did I suggest firing Mike Tomlin? Please highlight that in my quote I missed it.

As far as holding him accountable, read Dejan's article in the trib, which was linked up in another thread here, about exactly that.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its been a disappointing season up to this point,
    Oh well lets play it out and see what happens. I am not
    too confident in this team.

25. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

I bleed B&G but you need CONSISTENCY not luck to make the run and Pittsburgh still not showing any going into week15. It would be a stretch to say or even hope for a flight to New Orleans in 2013. stick a fork in em'...there done!