1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn back the clock. Would you...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KMM, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Wait a minute, I've heard that our defense as a whole underperforms because Bush was hurt and we can't live without him (ala Shazier).
    Sarc off: I think your dead on about this tread should of been on Bush vs Minkah. However, Bush still may turn out to be what we hoped if he'll stay healthy.

2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I still like the trade. No guarantee they would have taken Herbert. The timing turned out to be terrible. If I remember right, they made the trade the week following Ben's elbow injury. The trade was probably brewing well before his injury. Who knows how the year would have gone with a healthy Ben given the way their defense played once they acquired Fitz.

People don't like me suggesting this, but I'd quietly see what kind of return in draft capital they could get for Fitz and Watt. I agree that by the time this team is good enough once again to challenge for a playoff spot, these guys will be making big money with a few more years of wear and tear. They'll likely be just as bad with them as they would be without them.

3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You also need to look at what a disaster the staff has been on drafting DBs.

It is Night and Day about how our Defense plays with Bush on the field. The only player we can't be with out is Bush if our defense is to return to form.

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think the trade was fine. It may not be steal it looked like 6-8 games into Minkah’s time here when he was getting a turnover and scoring a TD every game. But the trade is fine. They got a Pro Bowl player on his rookie deal, and the D took a step up to being one of the leagues best virtually the minute he arrived. Is he another Troy?, no. Could he tackle better? absolutely. But he’s a solid piece on a D that may have to carry the team for a few yrs.

You can second guess it, but it has been positive for the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1