1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tunch Ilkin says

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Dec 12, 2018.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    His pay check is associated with the Steelers. What else would you expect?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would expect a better unbiased example of a opinion to try and support a argument .....

• Like Like x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Go to work tomorrow and bash upper management publicly while calling for people to be fired. Tunch is smart not to bite the hand that feeds him. We are all just fans while he is much more invested.

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not saying he didn't do the right thing for himself. My point is that it seems Glemm is insinuating that people calling for Tomlin to be fired are idiots based on Tunch's blatantly bias opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he was just relaying the quote. Glenn is not a big Tomlin supporter.

There is a lot of people questioning Tomlin and wondering if he should be replace. Not just on this board.

Tunch is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Possibly but he did start a entirely new post for it....could be some subliminal message in there:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Nah he is not a fan of Tomlin either. I think even the most staunch supporters on here are changing their positions on coach dum dum

Basically Tomlin has two supporters now.. Tunch and Steven A Smith

8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Stop x raying what he said, he was using the old mummified x ray machine :lolol:

Really didn't want to bother hearing what he said, he is wrong. But their are some who believe that Tomlin should stay. That's fine.

Question is: if The Standard is the Standard, what is the Standard? Hoe hum another non losing season and a 1st round playoff exit? It might be time to send ol popcorn a packin. At least Butler and Porter. Butler is not suited to be a defensive coordinator, experiment fail and Peezy well I won't go into the names he was supposed to coach up. Still one trick Dud on the roster. Watt is a natural though. Thanks Peezy but ba bye.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I think our secondary/ 3rd down defense is the #1 problem since 2011. Yes, we played in Super Bowl 45, but our ability to cover the pass had really slipped that year and it hasn't been steady or consistent from 2011-present. It's been the head of the pimple for too many years. It been almost a decade of hating to see the Steeler defense kick ass on 1st and 2nd down....and then get their assess beat play after play on 3rd and LONGS.....screen after screen or 50/50 deep balls getting caught or having PI called. It's hasn't mattered if it was LeBeau or Butler as DC. It comes down to players making the plays!!!! Period. Coaches can get you in position, but the jimmies and joes need to go out and make plays.
    There are areas that don't play well at times, but in modern NFL defenses need to be able to defend the pass more than ever. Until the Steelers can figure out their cover guys, things wont' change. I watched Chargers last week, and the Patriots simply move guys around with multiple formations to find favorable match ups and run check routes. Simple pitch and catch. NFL isn't much more complicated than that considering short weeks, where offenses have multiple groups/formation packages and defenses have formation check defenses in the respective personnel groups. Today, big LB aren't needed. The key is finding fast cover guys. To win the turnover battle in the NFL, the defense needs INT's or coverage sack fumbles with QB holding the ball. Right now, we don't have it. QB's in NFL don't hold on to the ball very long with matchup. Quick catch and throw concepts vs a weak defender in the slot etc etc.

Ben has always tried to make every play. He really has to this year, because we have to out score teams. I can't always blame the guy. I like the endzone throws in SB 43. Santonio went up and made a play!!! Lynn Swann jumps up twice in SB 10. Big time players make big time plays in big games.

The only other thing that burns my ass is the off the field stuff the last 2-3 years. I sure wish Coach Tomlin and Art II would crack down on the drama.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Tomlin may be doing the same things as Noll but the outcome/ results are vastly different. A lot of coaches do the same or similar things. Some succeed, some fail.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Typical babble slogans that he uses to make himself sound serious and tough. The only problem is, they don't apply to him otherwise he'd fire himself.

12. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I love Tunch and Wolf and I have no problem with what Tunch said. I listen to these guys every day and they usually come from a positive uplifting perspective. I realize everyone on this board is an expert when it comes to all things football but since these guys played the game I pay more attention to what they have to say, biased or not. But man oh man - you folks hate you some Tomlin. I was just as frustrated as the rest of you over that Oakland game. Kept scratching my head wondering why Ben wasn't in the game and I was screaming for a timeout when it was 1st and goal with 1:50 on the clock. I agree that changes need to be made, just not sure Tomlin is one of them. But obviously, I'm not a subject expert, just a Steelers fan.

• Like Like x 3
  13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Bringing up Tomlin to Noll, other than saying they both were head coaches for the Steelers, might be as idiotic as it gets. Mike Tomlin, current rules of the game, lack of consistency all play a part in the Steelers underachievement the last decade. Big Ben, being as good as he is, has too many Brett Favrian moments. We use the term "Great" WAYYYYY too many times. Great has been watered down to the point where it really doesnt have any meaning. Like in society, medicore is the new great. Oh, Tomlin hasnt had a losing season, he must be great. Ben has 2 super bowls, he must be great. The important part with all of this is sports is a what have you done for me lately business. Great and previous records have nothing to do with present time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh no you just didn't do it, aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO MCCULLERS ANYWHERE!!!!

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No that’s not what I’m saying at all. To me it seem like a very unnecessary statement for Tunch to make.
    He could have easily worded that differently.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No. Just found his comments a little irritating. Just thought Tunch would have been a little more professional.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    My apologies I didn't actually hear exactly what he said. Yeah if he as acting irrational it goes right along with several of the reactions I've heard from him as well when simply questioning the Steelers.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Our spouses think we’re all idiots.

:hi:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Not mine....she calls me a smart ass all the time. Ass is short for assistant....right?

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ve fallen off the Tomlin bandwagon.

I also fell off of another wagon.....

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You missed Browns Chargers and Broncos. All those games were winnable and if good sound decisions were made the outcome would be different. Coach T is not the answer to winning . Sure his overall record is good but he is inconsistent. You cannot win games and win the division as often as the Steelers do and not finish..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup me to.. I supported Tomlin up until this years debacle. Change is indeed in order.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My wife and kids keep wanting to tape me and put me of youtube. She says I am funny to watch while I am watching the game. IDK she said something like I am the Pittsburgh Dad's twin.........:shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't think Tomlin should be fired either but let's face it, tunch and wolf are incredible homers.