1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tunch Ilkin says

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Dec 12, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What kind of an idiot would call for Tomlin to be fired.
    That’s an exact quote from him from Steeler nation radio.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I listened to his rant the other day. I am not 100% he is going to be unbiased though which concerns me. I am sure that he has to be careful who he calls out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I love Tunch ,but come on .He's way off on this one

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The team's situation is as much about the ownership getting Tomlin to sharpen up the focus, the preparation, and execution, as it is about anything we have seen on the field. The 1998-2000 Cowher years were the sling the ball around and get Amos Zeroue in space. Dan Rooney had to go to Cowher and tell him to get back to Steelers football by running the ball more. Tomlin can still be a successful coach if he tightens up the fundamentals, especially on defense. Most of that is using the Bell money to improve the linebackers and secondary. Art II needs to lead the way though.

5. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Vikings fired their OC after Momday night’s loss and Oakland fires their GM after a win and here we sit with that same old garbage. I guess the standard really is the standard in Pittsburgh anymore. Unreal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Do you really think he could if he wanted to? He has constraints on what he can say and what his limitations are. By him saying this tells me the organization is concerned about the fan base and this is the tactic they are using to get through the mess we're in and hoping for something positive to quell the fire Tomlin talk. He's being a cheerleader now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Let's see....who pays him?

Who is he loyal to?

Who has one decal on the right side of their helmet?

Well now if you can answer the above them you have the Tunch story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    People believe what they want to believe regardless of what they hear. If Tunch called for Tomlin's head everybody would be praising him for being a truth speaker. Instead he's a cheerleader for the team because he didn't say what people wanted him to say. It can't be that Tunch actually believes what he said.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Xcursion88

Dec 10, 2018
    Tomlin has a bird brain. Way too much going on for him to handle all at once.

Having said that you don't just fire to fire. I'm glad the Steelers don't do that trendy horse****.

But....but....but......

Tomlin needs fired but it's not from a knee jerk reaction after Sunday's debacle.

Tomlin needs dismissed from the cumulative events leading up to now.

He's just not very bright.

Period

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Xcursion88

Dec 10, 2018
    We're not in Turkey anymore...he's way off alright.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I like Tunch, was hoping they'd look at him to coach the line before they lured Munch here but his statement is idiotic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Quite.

Tunch's book sounds interesting - Labriola was writing about it on steelers.com the other day. Apparently there's stuff in there about the way Tomlin runs the team behind closed doors, which I think could be interesting. He actually says Tomlin is similar to Noll, which amused me because I could just imagine the response around here to that blasphemy.

Anyways, I may invest in the book at some point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    It seems Tunch has entered stage 1 of dementia

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well there you go Tunch thinks your all idiots.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

This one right here and I have no problem saying it and I will say it over and over!!!!!! Enough is enough at some point we have to stop blaming everyone else and point the finger at the man in charge! Screw what Tunch says he is the company man right now he has to say that. JMO

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Did you see his latest pithy comments? “We will make changes to the defense, but they won’t be visible to the naked eye.” What they hell does that even mean? It means nothing will change and we will all hold our breath that a minor miracle happens. And then something to the affect of “we are not going to hope and wish. We’re not going through our process in the manner of which we have and hope that the outcome changes.” Really....freaking brilliant! Bird brain is an understatement with this idiot. As usual...baffle everybody with BS with zero concrete plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Tunch meant that it would be idiotic to fire Tomlin right now, then I agree. Our season cannot be salvaged by an interim coach, so if anyone is going to put out the dumpster fire it’s going to have to be the current staff and players. We still control our own destiny for the division.

After the season is done and over with, then we’ll see how things ended up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tunch wears the thickest black and gold Coke bottle glasses in the world. I listen to him often and he never says a bad word about the Steelers because he knows who butters his bread. A caller called after the Chargers game and said the Steelers should be embarrassed of the way they folded and it was like someone kicked his dog. He gets all up in arms when someone says something bad about the team. He is no where near a unbiased opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Who?

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Capital CTE .....

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Basically he is saying that we are idiots and that we won't be able to recognize the adjustments this way when they don't actually make any they can say they did and they didn't work....such is life right coach?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Xcursion88

Dec 10, 2018
    I didn't hear that. I stopped listening to his garbage a long time ago. Win or lose I can't stand to listen to him say the right things like some mastermind tough discipline guy yet lead the league in penalties and dumb plays. I'm not exaggerating either when I say he handles the game clock with a sun dial. His in game sense of feel is numb. Literally numb or dumb. Possibly both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Actually, I think what he meant is that either way (before and after the changes) the only player visible on the TV screen will be the receiver, so the changes will therefore not be visible to the naked eye.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Well Tunch works for the Steelers as an anylist and also came in periodically to St.Vincent to work with the Lineman ( If memory serves me ) Nothing to see here...

Knows where his bread is buttered

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think you may be on to something. I will personalize it a little.....l think maybe instead of no one covering Gronk this time they will put McCullers on him. This way they can say they made a change but McCullers wasn't in your TV screen so you didn't even notice.