1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuitt's injury.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Sep 10, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You do not see it. I concur but with a different viewpoint overall.

I highly advise against it all together unless he checks out 100% with the medical staff.

If he is considered week to week like Tomlin implied then let him rest up as much as he needs to. Walton has proven to be a quality depth player and Alualu is a starting capable defensive end. No reason to act hasty nor reckless here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
  3. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Did we not have the same conversation last year w Cam?

He was injured and questionable, wanted to come back and play, came back and really hurt himself.

I'm thinking a few on here indicated that when there are injuries that are not 100% healed, other muscles/areas get overworked and there is a greater chance for injury elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Zero chance Tuitt plays Sunday.

Would be foolish to play him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would be amazed if he did for two reasons.

1.) Tuitt has some incredible healing abilites even Deadpool would be envious of.

2.) Tuitt is showcasing some serious hubris believing he could play in any sort or form of pain; doubly so for Tomlin if he is okay with it.

Outside of these two highly unlikely scenarios Tuitt is not playing. The drop off of Tuitt to Alualu is not as horrific as some make it out to be.

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    My take is he is a beast who is only going to get better. I believe he will long be remembered as a Steeler great. However, if you asking if he will play Sunday, my answer is yes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, he's not playing. That's fine. We will likely have a starter out most weeks. So long as the injuries stay minor it's fine.