1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuitt placed on covid list

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 27, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Well I’m speaking more of people who believe everything they hear within the media about this virus and are afraid to leave their house or even go outside. I know a few people who are like this. You have to let people live their lives, open their businesses up, kids go to school etc. You can’t continue to keep things shut down for weeks and months at a time for a virus with a 99 percent survival rate. People’s lives are being destroyed because of this. And by government officials and local leaders continuing to do this they are causing an entire set of other problems that can be just as bad if not worse then this virus is itself.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My business is open, it’s slow because there is a deadly virus raging through the country and people aren’t traveling like they used to. The virus is spreading like wild fire because of people that think they know more than the scientists that fight infectious disease for a living and ignore the precautions they advise you take. The government wouldn’t be in the position of needing to shut down if people would just do what is necessary for a short period of time.

Can’t just let the virus spread throughout the country, even if 99% survival rate is accurate, that’s still a lot of freaking dead people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Guess it’s okay also if government officials who close restaurants and indoor dining in places that have businesses that have destroyed so many people’s lives such as in California and New Jersey because they say how dangerous the virus is but go out themselves to eat and get caught when they think nobody is watching. Clear case of Do as I say not as I do. Guess those governors don’t follow the science too well huh??

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s not ok, it sucks and they should be doing more on getting stimulus packages to small businesses.

Amazingly, wouldn’t have to if people just wore a mask from the start.

But what the heck, who cares about the people who have lost their lives to this easily survivable virus. Suckers.

6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I didn’t say who cares about the people who died from it. One life lost is way too many as far as I’m concerned. But you still have to let people live their lives and give them the choice to stay open. It’s leading to other things such as economic hardship, suicide, and domestic violence. Shutting stuff down completely is not the answer. We tried that 8 months ago when we knew less about this virus and it worked but it didn’t completely solve the problem as these governors continue to like to move the goalposts as they love to be drunk with power and have control over your life.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok. Let’s move on. I shouldn’t have engaged, I need to follow the rules, too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Not arguing one way or another since there are good points both ways above. If left unchecked, and at the rate it’s going, this thing could easily hit 90% of the world population. With only a 1% fatality rate, that would be about 70,000,000 deaths. That’s in the neighborhood of the black plaque.

Edit: For those of you that aren’t as old as me, the black plaque wasn’t very popular in most social circles.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You are correct! I absolutely am one of the more fortunate during this mess. My life really has not changed but I see it all around me. At times I fear social unrest on a large scale. I'm now hopeful they will kick this in the ass soon and maybe just maybe we will see regular STEELER football.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like animals better than people and generally avoid people. I live out in the middle of no where so I don’t have to have neighbors. Social distancing is my life style. But I do miss being able to go out every once in a while and safely order a burger and a beer. Part of the down side of living where I do is a lot of poorly educated people. They don’t think masks help, so they don’t use them properly. So for now, I just avoid people completely.

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I really understand your first sentence. Reason I love golfing all by myself with very few on course.

Out in the middle of nowhere but good internet service.:lolol:

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I used to golf with two friends out on less crowded rural courses. Not that I liked golf, I really didn’t. I just liked drinking a beer with my buddies and found golf courses to be relaxing and pretty. Cemeteries are similar but I haven’t had much luck getting my buddies to walk around cemeteries drinking a beer. Well, not since high school. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Is Conner still the only player with a confirmed positive test? I know Tuitt, Buggs, and Hawkins are on the list, but those could all be close contacts.