1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TSF 2014 Fantasy Draft Rookie Season Results

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thought it would be fun for everyone to list your picks and season evaluation.

Detroit Lions:

1) Justin Gilbert, CB

- 1st rd pick by Browns. Poor rookies season, work ethics questioned by teammates, late to meetings which resulted in 1 game suspension and lost playing time down the stretch.

2) Allen Robinson, WR

- 2nd rd pick by Jags. Season cut short after 10 games with foot injury. Was doing well up until then, 48 receptions for 548 yards, 11.4 yards per reception, 2 TD's.

3) Jackson Jeffcoat, DE

- I gambled on this pick, in real life, he went undrafted, so a huge reach here. He was signed by Seattle, released, signed by Redskins to the PS, promoted to the 53, released, resigned by Redskins to PS again, brought up to the 53 again where he finally made 3 starts, recording a sack and interception.

4) Xavier Grimble, TE

- Undrafted. Worst pick so far, currently sitting on 49ers PS.

4 comp) Jared Abbrederis, WR

- 5th rd pick by GB, I was really high on this kid but unfortunately he tore his ACL in preseason, yet to play an NFL snap.

4 comp) Tra'Mayne Bondurant, S

- Tops my previous worst pick, don't know what happened but he returned to school, CBS and Walter Football had him entering the draft though, oops :lolol:

6) Caraun Reid, DT

- Got this one right, Detroit actually did draft him, but in the 5th, they didnt have a 5th when we did our draft though.

No 7th rd pick, TSF draft ended in the 6th.

Thats horrible first year results, only Allen produced anything. I should be fired! FBFI!

Howd you do????

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Was this a contest the board had last year?

BTW - Loved Abbrederis and I too wanted him picked by the B&G

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We do a fantasy mock every year, last year was the first year I participated, its fun! As a rookie GM, I am going to learn from my mistakes from last draft :lolol:

I suspect we will be doing it again this year but probably not for another month.

No one gets the Steelers though, when it comes time for them to pick, we take a vote on who they draft and that becomes the selection.

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This is a good idea Blast. Fun to see how we did haha

I had the Ravens this year

1. Zack Martin (G) - taken one pick ahead of the Ravens by Dallas. Started at guard all year on a playoff team. Also had the RB who won the rushing title in Murray. I did okay here in the first.

2. Jimmie Ward (S/CB) - drafted in the first round by the niners. Played in 8 games and recorded 20 tackles and 2 passes defended. Would've likely seen a lot more time in Baltimore's depleted secondary.

3. Bishop Sankey (RB) - drafted in the second round by Tennessee. Ran for 569 yards and 2 TD's with a 3.7 YPC average. Would've seen back up duties behind Forsett, but has some upside to be a feature back in the future.

3 (compensatory). Travis Swanson (C/G) - drafted in the third round by the Lions. Played in 15 games, four of which were starts (3 at guard due to injury, one at center due to suspension). Don't know much about his year this year, but apparently looks to be a solid depth pick with upside to start in the future.

4 (compensatory). Anthony Johnson (DT) - my first reach. Went in drafted, but was picked up by the Miami Dolphins. Appears to have played in a game where he recorded 2 tackles before going down for the season with an ankle injury.

4 (compensatory). Kevin Norwood (WR) - drafted in the fourth round by the Seahawks. Saw limited playing time, but recorded 9 catches for 102 yards on the season. Seattle's WR corps is not their strong suit, and would've expected more from Norwood given the competiton (or lack thereof) for PT.

5 (compensatory). Colt Lyerla (TE) - took a risk here with Lyerla. Went undrafted and eventually signed with Green Bay. He tore his PCL and MCL in practice and was released with an injury settlement. Was later arrested for DUI non alcohol related.

6. Corey Linsley (C) - Go bucks. Was drafted in the fifth round by the Packers. Started all 16 regular season games at center and every post season game as well. A hit here makes up for my few previous misses in the fourth and fifth rounds. Might've totally revamped the Raven's interior line in a single draft.

In hindsight, I could've taken a ILB or S in the middle rounds where I whiffed a little... But overall I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at being GM. Looking forward to next years draft (hopefully with a different team lol)

5. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Brilliant

I was in Charge of the Texans

Rnd 1.A
    Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina - Actually drafted by the Texans #1 overall. Played 4 games and had his season cut short with a torn meniscus, and also underwent microfracture surgery.

Rnd 1.B
    Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - Actually drafted by the Vikings as the 32nd pick in the first round. Started the season as 2nd string QB and ended up starting 12 games in the season. Won rookie of the year honors. had a 64.4% comp rate as well as 14/12 TD/INT.

Rnd 4.A
    Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona - Actually drafted in the 4th round by the Bears. Played a backup role to Matt Forte and saw limited action most of the year. When in he averaged 4.4yds a carry.

Rnd 4.B
    Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford - Actually drafted by the Patriots in the 4th round. Saw limited action for most of the year but did end up starting 2 games

Rnd 4.C
    Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia - Actually drafted by the Bengals in the 3rd round. Only suited up for 7 games recording 2 solo tackles 1 asst tackle and a fumble recovery.

Rnd 5.A
    Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt - Ended up being an undrafted free agent pickup by the Bills. Played in 2 games recording 3 solo tackles and 1 asst tackle

Rnd 5.B
    Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama - Ended up being and undrafted free agent pickup by the Cardinals. Made the roster but never suited up.

Rnd 6.
    John Urschel, G/C, Penn State - Actually selected in the 5th round by the Ravens. Played in 11 games and started 3 of those.

Am actually very shocked all of my players are still on a roster. Seeing where I drafted people and where they ended up going I think I should probably be the next GM of any NFL team needing one.
    :roflmao:
    But in all seriousness, this being my second year of doing this draft I had a blast again and can't wait for it to start up again.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This will be interesting. I had the Arizona Cardinals.

Rd 1 Rashede Hagemen Drafted 37th overall by the Falcons 16 tackes and 1 sack on the season.

Rd 2 Donte Moncrief Drafted in the 3rd round by the Colts. 32 receptions 440 yds 3 tds.

rd 3 Tre Boston Drafted in the 4th round by the Panthers. Won starting job midway through the season.

rd 4 Justin Britt. Drafted in 2nd round by Seattle. Won starting right tackle job in training camp. Started all 16 games at right tackle.

rd 5 Terrence Mitchell. Fell all the way to the 7th round. Drafted by the Cowboys, released, signed by Bears, and made active roster.
    rd 6 Shaquille Barret. UDFA signed by Broncos, made active roster in Oct.
    Rd 7 traded for Palmer

Too many reaches, but still some decent production overall. Snagging Britt in the 4th was a steal.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I had the Pack:

1st - Ryan Shazier. We know this story.

2nd - Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame. Drafted in the 2nd round by the AZ Cardinals. Didn't make much of an impact, played in 7 games, started 2. Finished with 3 catches for 38 yards.

3rd(a) - Weston Richburg, C, Colorado St. Drafted in the 2nd by the NYG. Played in 16 games, starting 15 of them. Pretty nice production from a rookie.

3rd(b) - DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn St. Drafted in the 4th by TEN. Played in 7 games, starting 1. 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF. In the mix to be the starting NT for Dick LeBeau.

4th - Marqueston Huff, DB, Wyoming. Drafted in the 4th by TEN. 14 games played, 1 start at CB (drafted to play safety by GB). 18 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 TD.

5th(a) - Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest. Drafted in the 7th by the Ravens. Had an injury bug and played in 4 games, with 0 starts. Finished with 7 catches for 107 yards and a TD. Came back for the postseason and nabbed 4-39 vs NE.

5th(b) - Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech. Drafted in the 4th by AZ. Not much of an impact as a rookie QB when AZ desperately needed a QB. Played in 1 game, 0 starts.

6th - Christian Kirksey, LB, Iowa. Drafted in the 3rd round by the Browns. Played in 16 games, started 8. 81 tackles, 2 sacks and a FF.

Not a bad haul. 32 total games started by this rookie class. Kirksey and Richburg pay immediate dividends while Shazier, Niklas, Huff and Jones provide promise for the future. Thomas and Campanaro are projects, but I'm happy all my draft picks for GB were drafted and all ended up being on the active roster for their respective teams.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I drafted for the Rams. All of my picks were on their teams' active rosters and played in multiple games.

1A. Jake Mathews, T, Texas A&M - This was a safe pick and he played pretty well for a rookie starting 15 games in Atlanta.
    1B. HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama - He looks like a star safety in the making. We was especially impressive covering Gronk - a pretty tough task. 16 games, 10 starts, 92 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int, 6 pass defenses. He's going to be a good one.
    2. I worked a trade with the disgruntled Panthers' owner and picked up Marquise Lee, WR, USC for my 2nd + 4th rounders plus WR Chris Givens (who didn't do much). Lee was banged up a lot and didn't impact, but showed signs catching 24 passes in the final 6 games. Season totals 37 rec, 422 yards, 1 TD.
    3. EJ Gaines, CB, Mizzou - He was very good for the Rams, and was easily worth the 3rd round pick (although they got him in the 6th). 15 starts, 70 tackles, 14 pass defenses and 2 ints.
    5. Lamin Barrow, LB, LSU - played in all 16 games for Denver with 1 start.
    6A. Charles Sims, RB, W Va - played in 8 games for Tampa notching 185 rushing yards and a TD plus 190 receiving yards.
    6B, Jay Bromley, DT, Syracuse - played in 8 games for the Giants.

Not bad, but not the best I've ever done. This year will be harder because I'm finding less time to watch tape.

9. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Dang, nice work Elvis!

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks man! I've got to thank the Skins too for giving me the #2 overall pick in the RG3 trade :)

11. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    That definitely helps the cause haha

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wasn't involved last year, but I looked up my 2013 guys! We didn't finish the draft, so it only goes through 5 rounds.

49ers

1-12. Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah - Key player on Carolina's defense. ROTY contender. Graded as "very good" by PFF.
    2-29. Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor - Has scored 13 TDs his first two seasons with Dallas. Graded as "average" by PFF.
    3-4. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State - Started as a rookie for the Lions. Graded as "good" by PFF.
    4-7. Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma - Starting WR for New Orleans. Forced team favorite Lance Moore out of a job as a rookie. Graded as "good" by PFF.
    5-24. Bennie Logan, DL, LSU - Starting NT for Philly. Graded as "average" by PFF.
    5-31. Ryan Otten, TE, SJSU - Bounced around some practice squads, but no.

Not bad! 5 out of 6 of those guys are starters, and they're all decent, if not great players. I got up to #12 by trading Alex Smith, who I really wanted to keep, and trade Kaepernick instead. But if I'm remembering right, I let y'all talk me out of it because we were trying to keep it realistic. Too bad. I could have gotten more value, plus had a better QB.

Lions

1. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama - Rocky rookie season, being benched before finishing with 3 picks in the last two games and named Rookie of the Month. Missed all of 2014 with an injury. Graded as "average" by PFF.
    2. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas - Starting OLB for Cardinals. Graded as "below average" by PFF.
    3. Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee - Starting RG for Dolphins. Graded as "poor" by PFF.
    4. Duke Williams, SS, Nevada - Starting FS for Bills. Graded as "average" player by PFF.
    5. Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State - Missed all of 2014 with injury. Tentatively listed as #3 behind Jeffrey and Marshall, according to PFF.

Looks like I used up all my skills drafting for the 49ers. I really didn't take the Lions as seriously. Just like the Lions' real GM!

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I had Cleveland and indy in last yrs. draft... I started with a host of picks already with the browns and made a well placed trade here and there... the colts had already mortgaged their future picking up some bum rb, so I only had 4 picks with them.

Cleveland:
    1a. Johnny manziel qb tex a&m:
    actually drafted by the browns with their 2nd 1st rd. pick.. we all know how his 1st season went.
    1b. tre mason rb auburn: drafted by the rams in the 3rd rd.... took over the main ball carrier duties about wk 6 or 7 and never looked back....looks to be a potential star in the making
    2. Martavis Bryant wr Clemson: taken by us in the 4th and the rest is history
    3a. yawin smallwood ilb UConn: 7th rd pick by the falcons... waived and is currently on the titans practice squad
    3b. Billy turner ot N. Dakota St.: 4th rd pick by the dolphins.. made the team, but was not ready for nfl competition after playing college ball at a small school.. still on team with opportunity to improve
    4a. ego ferguson dt lsu: 2nd rd. pick by the bears... played all 16 games totaling 24 tackles, 2 sacks 3 passes defensed.. I hear he is a big part of their plans as they transition to a 3-4 defense
    4c. terrance west rb towson: actually drafted by the browns in rd. 3... strong runner with very good feet, and looks to be a big part of their future plans
    5. larry Webster de bloomsburg: lions 4th rd. pick.... stuck behind a stacked d-line, but looks to be a part of the rotation next season
    6. Michael sam de Missouri: rams 7th rd pick and currently unemployed

all things considered, not a terrible draft, but I can't imagine the media storm I would've brought Cleveland with manziel and sam out there.

indy:
    2. Cyril Richardson ot Baylor:
    5th rd pick by the bills, played in 12 games with 4 starts.. looks to be a big part of the tackle rotation
    3. Will Sutton dt Arizona st.: 3rd rd. pick by the bears..played in 15 games and started 5... depending on this yrs. draft, will probably anchor the bears 3-4
    5. chris smith de Arkansas: 5th rd pick by the jags.. played in 7 games, recording 3 sacks and 1 ff
    6. cody Hoffman wr byu: udfa with the redskins.... cut during pre-season.. currently playing for montreal of the cfl

not bad.... some front line guys that should make a significant amount of noise next season and beyond.. I wonder how much the colts would've wanted these guys now, considering how their respective fronts did in '14