1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

True Statements

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Nov 15, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    1. Mason is currently filling in some big shoes at the QB position due to Ben's injury
    2. An offensive rebuild is quickly approaching
    3. Our defense is actually helping us this season
    4. Our coaching staff is still inconsistent
    5. Mason's first bad game was against Cleveland
    6. The season isn't over until we're eliminated from playoff contention
    7. Steeler Nation is still alive & strong, despite the good, the bad, & the ugly

IMO, we're lucky to be 5-5, especially when it came to these games:

Week 6 (24-17 Win vs LA)
    Week 8 (27-14 Win vs Miami)
    Week 9 (26-24 Win vs Indianapolis)
    Week 10 (17-12 Win vs LA)

On an extra note, 8-2 was still a possibility at the time

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Or maybe SF Balt and SEA had bad games in which the score looked close

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Noll said to Glanville, “If you send players after my players, I’ll come after you and don’t you forget that. I’m serious!”

This is my favorite true statement....

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    why not include the overtime loss to the Powerhouse Ravens because of a fumble? Or the close loss to the 49ers when it should have been a run the clock out situation because of a fumble.

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    We need to draft at every skill position on offense. Wr, rb, and TE. Qb obviously is a need but we wont have the resources to get that guy in this upcoming draft. I'm not liking what I see from trevor Lawrence this yr so idk if hes worth it in 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :hmm::shrug:

7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Defense will suck by the time offense comes lol you know the drill

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Or the missed fg by Indy who should have won that game or the PI by Edmunds that wasn't called in the endzone against the Rams. We've had bad AND good breaks go our way. We are what our record says we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Our DL has been masking problems in our secondary. We were exposed by the browns of all teams. Our defensive scheme isn't solid against the run. The excitement of qb pressure is blinding the fan base to the glaring offensive let down.

Mason hasn't had a good game yet. This was not his first bad one.

We're lucky to be 5-5 simply because we're lucky to be 5-5.

Our offense is getting worse. OL might be one of the worst in the league. MR is seeing ghosts. He is throwing up prayers. He is overwhelmed and not being coached or handled properly. Fichtner and co. are going to ruin his career.

This team has a lot of fight in them, but that's about all they have going for them.

The Ravens and Lamar Jackson are going to feast on us. They will make us wish we were playing the Pats.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mason sucks is a true statement :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    True but if we have that guy on offense atvqb we would still be competitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup. Mason not getting help but his mechanics are just way off, accuracy to boot

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    True statement: The offense is going to struggle to score points and the defense will be counted on to carry them. When the defense struggles like tonight, this is the results you will see.

True Statement #2: No Conner, JuJu and DJ. Is anyone surprised the offense sucked tonight. Rudolph could have been on fire and it wouldn't have made much difference.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry, but I can no longer defend or hold out hope for Mason. The guy is not a starting NFL QB. As much as anyone, I was hoping he would get some starts under his belt, and the game would come to him. I'm afraid he will never be anything more than a good college QB. I understand we lost some weapons tonight, but the only thing he was hitting accurately was the Brown's defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Things I've been told ad nauseam all year:

Mason is a gym rat. Works hard.

Mason has 3 years game experience from playing until he graduated college.

Mason is smart.

Mason is a film rat.

Mason is a perfectionist.

THEN WHY DOES HE SUCK OUT LOUD?!?!?!?! Some "rookie" (even though he isn't a rookie) mistakes are understandable. A few misreads are to be expected. Being inexperienced, getting flustered by a pass rush is par for the course.

But he just flat out is NOT getting it done. Call him the check down king, and even then, he hangs his check down guy out to get killed half the time. I have zero confidence in this kid anymore. He should be improving week to week, not getting even worse. He's constantly a few beats or even a second or 2 behind the play. He's terminally indecisive.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's making me yearn for the days of Mike Tomczak or Kordell, or hell... Mark Malone!

I mean, our offense is horrible no matter how you slice it, but he might be the worst spoke in the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I disagree the sed sucked last night they gave up 21 and the last 7 was pretty much given to them by the int.they browns punted 8 times and until the last int the steelers were still 1 score down even though the offense did absolutely nothing but put them in bad situations

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Offensive Line is getting beaten like a rented mule. F-. There is your Truest statement

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm going to beat this horse.

He's been terribly inaccurate from the time he stepped in in Game 2. It seems like 7 out of 10 throws aren't NFL quality in terms of accuracy. Short, high, low, anywhere but the numbers. The second and fourth INTs last night were ridiculous. In both cases he had great protection and was able to step up, plant, and throw. The one was way behind and the other way over the intended target. He must have missed his spot by a good two yards. Those are not throws that any NFL QB should make when given time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    we wanted to see life without ben and we did. Didn't win squat with the B's but at least we scored points

20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hey I have seen Big Ben throw 5 INT in a game before. Some days you have bad days.

Zero Run game, Poor pass blocking. Dropped passes A practice squad and a glorified special teams the #3 and #2 WR.

Mason did himself no favors, but a lot of this was on the entire offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't know why we should expect Rudolph to be the only person on offense not to suck. He's the one most dependent on the rest of the team to help him.

22. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    MR was getting no time in the pocket but even with that, I don't see him being Bens replacement. And if the Steelers graded MR as a number a number one QB, that tells a lot of their ineptitude.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're no fun. I liked you better when you were IdahoSteelJim. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah now I'm....where are sour grapes grown?...that is wherei'mfromsteeljim

25. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    If Rudolph were on fire it would take him 8 seconds to pull the trigger on the extinguisher...and miss.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1