1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trubisky starting tomorrow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 17, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also why PFF = Pretty F**king Fake.
    Also Trubisky, and Pickett have a, or did have (I haven't looked lately) a higher QBR than Ben did last year, but they both have more turnovers, less yards, less tds, and less wins. Just showing that a lot of these things are freaking stupid that people use trying to show who is better.

2. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    As far as being a back up or a journeyman QB, Trubinski is a back up or a Journeyman QB and Dobbs is no Trubinski.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We know he is an intelligent guy, but seriously, he has never shown the ability to get it done in a regular-season game. He hasn't been good enough to get many opportunities, and the best one he ever had, he sucked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't present speculation as fact. I referred to it as the most likely outcome and supported it with accurate statistics, something some others on this thread haven't been able to manage.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If I took PFF seriously, that might have an impact.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Trubisky is no Trubinsky

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree he played bad , but I still contend it was as a stay in the pocket and read the entire field type of approach .. His head coach was trying to force him to play that way ..With all the games he played in that allowed him to play as a mobile QB he looked much better .. I still contend he will be a great bu if in the correct system , I agree he is not capable of being a pure pocket passer , but I think he is much better than some believe in a 2 read system and if not there use your legs ..

He has proven he can make NFL type throws , he has proven he is a hard tackle in the open field , he has also shown the ability to adapt to multiple types of Offenses .. So i will not doubt him until I see him fail in his style of Offense ..IMO he will be much better than most think .. He is still putting in his time and at some point he may get the break he needs .He may fail and he may not .. But I will always root for guys like him willing to put in the work to get better and i truley believe he has gotten better and is getting better his pre season work with the Browns was above the line..

https://www.brownsnation.com/josh-dobbs-has-been-a-preseason-star-for-the-browns/

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I trust my eyes way more than I trust PFF.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. khilona25

khilona25 New Member

Dec 22, 2022
    I supported my argument with accurate facts, specifically Trubisky's superior passing stats in comparison to those of Rudolph. You tried to support yours with inaccurate facts about the Bears' rushing attack during Trubisky's career. You even doubled down on the inaccuracy until I provided the link to prove you wrong. That, more than anything, is why I consider it a win.
    router login

watch IPL

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well that was a quick snappy response to who knows what

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    See below. That part of the puzzle has been solved.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s weird

Your post shows a quote from Scribe

My page has the same quote attributed to someone I never heard of a new member khilona25

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For some reason Khilona posted Scribes words as his own. Maybe to poke fun at him, I don’t know.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Appears to be spam with those links.

I see Mariota has been released.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's what I assumed he was doing. I figured he was having trouble with the quote function as he went after an old post of mine for some odd reason.

Edit: I stand by the post, by the way. I don't remember who was the other person in the discussion, but Trubisky did have far superior passing numbers compared to Rudolph and the other poster did have his statistics wrong when it came to the Bears' running game. He also doubled down on that false information until I provided a link with evidence.

:cool:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok

Now I’ll sleep better