1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trubisky starting tomorrow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 17, 2022.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow! How bad IS Mason?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder if Mason will be QB2 and Pickett a gameday inactive

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably. As bad as Mitch can be, he's STILL a better option than Rudolph? Wonder if Mason goes into broadcasting next year?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Well if Trubisky would throw the ball to the Panthers, maybe the Steelers WRs could intercept it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he will go CFL for a few seasons I think he still wants to play the game he just isn't good enough for the NFL just like LJ ,,not sure why we hang on to those guys ? i think Dobbs will be our bu next season..

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Mason isn't going to the CFL. He'll sign with another team next year, hopefully a team that can utilize his strengths. I'd like to see him succeed. He's not going to ever be an elite starter, but put him in the right system and I bet he'd be a very good backup and perhaps a stop gap starter. Our system is just absolute crap

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Don't understand the fascination with Dobbs. He has been given numerous chances and failed everywhere. Processing information on a football field and making timely accurate throw is a lot different than classbook learning.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I like You.....a lot, but how does that make sense???
    Mason as a Steeler 5-4-1 ...16 tds,and 11 ints.
    Trubisky as a Steeler ..1-3...4tds, and 5 ints.
    Now with that....Make Trubisky being better than Mason Make sense....besides just what You think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So I've been wrong all this time.....We actually are tanking. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    No way am I going to sit through another game with Mitch Trubisky as the starter, I just don't have the stomach for it. Why not give Rudolph a damn shot? I mean, the season was effectively over after the loss to the Ravens thanks to Trubisky and our defense that can't stop the run to save it's life. Can Rudolph possibly be any worse? If he is, than he has no business being in the NFL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Like him or hate him the one thing you can never say is he was given a shot. He has zero starts to his name and a grand total of 17 pass attempts.

Would not surprise me if the Steelers bring him back next season. They won’t keep Trubisky at that salary and Rudolph will likely move on to another team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I feel the same way. I've already missed more Steelers games this year (partial and full games) than I have over the last 5 years combined. I have a hard time giving a damn about this team these days. The whole thing is just a joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Poor mason cucked to Tribusky lol

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Kinda sums it up for me too. There’s just nothing there to care about. I don’t and will never root for them to lose, but when they do lose I’m just sort of indifferent to it. That’s what this current mix of Steelers, players and coaches, are producing in their fans. Indifference and apathy. Is that what Rooney wants? If not, he’d dang well better make some material changes in the off-season to show that the last decade has been unacceptable! But I’m sure it will be mostly status quo. Maybe they’ll fire Danny Smith and not renew Canada’s contract, but that’s about it. Then they’ll let Tomlin handpick the next feckless OC, maybe even elevate Mike Sullivan to that role. That’s the MO.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not a big deal he is a good NFL bu he has progressed every year and would be a fine bu for our young QB ...He helped Big Ben with knowledge and open routes and concepts and reports are very similar of what he did with the Browns and their QB ..Why would you not want him as a BU ? Even as a 3rd. QB he will bring a lot of value ...

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    How about as an assistant QB coach? As a QB I don’t see it happening. The guy literally has ONE good regular season pass on his resume.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    To you guys saying you are having trouble watching this train wreck, I understand but must say it is a hell of a lot calmer watching them. Watching them now I relax having accepted the season. No jumping off the couch, throwing the Steeler brick at the TV, storming into another room, etc. I think the only time I had some nerves was the 500th win. I wanted to make sure I saw that game. They are on for me this Sunday so I'll watch very calm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s impossible for me not to watch this team if I am able to do so.

This season I have the same feeling as when Ben went down and Rudolph took over. It’s definitely a lot calmer but in general, I don’t get as mad as I used to over losses. Except for when the other team is playing dirty and going after our guys, that still gets me really wound up.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Shots are earned, not given. Dobbs failed to earn an NFL start and it wasn't just in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    5-4-1

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's how I feel about it. I'm certainly a lot quieter during the games.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Based on their entire resumes, yes, Rudolph is worse.

They gain nothing from starting Rudolph. This team isn't making the playoffs. Rudolph is gone as a free agent after the season. Why waste snaps on him?

At least they have Trubisky under contract for another year. If he plays well, he raises his own value. That helps the Steelers, even if it is in a small way.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with them starting Rudolph or turning to him if Trubisky isn't getting the job done tomorrow, but really, there is no upside to playing him.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You broke the code. Well done. JK

• Like Like x 1