1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trubisky or White

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd be satisfied if they brought in Mitchell Trubisky or Mike White in the off-season to compete in camp.
    We need to shore up our lines and secondary first and foremost.
    Mike White intrigues me. Barring that 4 int clunker against the Bills, he showed something. The jets had no talent around him.

What say you????

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I say you started drinking early

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    No idea. Most people just look at stats and highlights. I've probably seen 5 Bears games in my life and maybe 1 had Trubisky.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't like the Trubisky idea. I've watched quite a bit. Now White(outside of highlights)I haven't watched any....So I have no clue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll say this, your choices are way more sensible then Aaron (I'm sitting at home again Ma) Rodgers. I'm convinced they bring in someone further down the trough to compete against Rudolph and whoever we draft at QB. We will draft a QB at some point during the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Will Carolina draft a QB this year? , if so trade for Darnold ? and give JuJu the QB he wants

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I hope this was meant to be joking

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    None of the QBs I might want would fit in Canada's offense or would want to play in Canada's offense. Russell Wilson is a great mobile QB and apparently wants a new team but Pittsburgh? Not a chance.

I could see the Steelers acquiring Mariota or something like that but I expect they'll draft Howell or Coral. Tomlin brought in an OC that doesn't fit Ben, Mason or Haskins (hate that he was brought in also).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    No!!! We're getting Aaron Rodgers! You'll see, you'll all see!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Was Darnald not playing well for Carolina b4 he got hurt this year,?? I dnt really keep up with other teams and their players, but he is as good as tribuskie no??... I recall a few on here was wanting him to come here a lst year or the year b4 ..:shrug:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  11. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    At least this year the Steelers have cap space that makes FA signings plausible. Was always funny when the Steelers had $3M in cap space and people would be like "Sign Stephon Gilmore!"

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't get some fans fascination with Trubisky, another first round QB bust just like Haskins :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    For like 3 or 4 games sorta I guess. But then he went to abysmal. He's damaged goods as far I'm concerned. Wanted him last year, but not now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    They can draft a QB better than any of those retreads this is fascinating to me and confusing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Neither. With respect to Trubisky, the reclamation success rate for high 1st round QBs who bust with their original team is very, very low. The only one that comes to mind in recent memory who was Ok is Tannehill, and we just saw how much he limits his team in the postseason. I guess I’d say Wentz falls into a similar category to Tannehill, but even less successful.

I think we’d do better with a guy who hasn’t been given every opportunity, but has over performed expectations when called on. Gardner Minshew pops into mind as a guy who just gets things done.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Agree the reclamation rate isn't great. But I'd take a flyer on Trubisky, he did go to the playoffs twice...with Naggy as the HC/OC. And he was super inexperienced coming into the NFL. Had a total of 16 college starts I think. In my mind he'd be worth a shot. My opinion is, he is one I could see being reclaimed. I don't think he even sought out a starting gig this year and chose to go sit and learn/gain experience behind Josh Allen (someone who's game is similar to his...not the same...but similar) To what extent he could have success...I don't know. I'd think Tannehill like success easily with similar circumstances. Truthfully, I like Tribusky's game better than Haskins, and think he's more likely to be a legit NFL starting QB vs Haskins. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Wentz though...yikes! That dude is a wreck. On the cusp of an MVP award and probable SB run. To a heaping pile of a dumpster fire...in comparison to where he started.

17. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Mike White would be interesting to me. Of the retreads I like Winston. He was doing well in NO until he got hurt

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, I’d certainly agree on grabbing Trubisky as an alternative to Haskins (or Rudolph) to start in 2022. That’s not setting a really high bar though. Of the potential reclamation projects out there, Trubisky is the one that I’ve watched the least, so I have less of a negative view on him. However I would still be planning to draft a QB either this year or next given the lack of success of most 1st round reclamation projects.

19. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

I just think if we're sticking with Canada he fits the offense. And Trubisky's Completion % and TD to Int rate/% is at parity with Josh Allen's first 3 seasons (Allen made a big leap in year 3). I'd say Allen had the benefit of an overall better team. And clearly better coaching and organizational stability. The only thing you have to wonder is, has he been damaged beyond repair. That we wouldn't know until he was in camp and playing meaningful snaps. And we have nothing to lose. We either strike lighting. Or we're a dumpster fire and drafting early in 23 with a better QB class.

20. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    White costs next to nothing I agree he could compete which isn’t saying much. Trubisky hell no Winston hell no. If Carr is cheap enough sure but I doubt he is available and I am sure it would cost a lot soooo no thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'll say this, I'm not advocating for Mitch, but I just looked at his actual numbers, and considering the Bears suck, the numbers aren't horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Trubisky = Duck Hodges

• Like Like x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018