1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Wrote a little something...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Sep 28, 2020.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I really enjoyed this read!

• Like Like x 4
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I saw that bit ago. Great read

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    A "little" something.

But fun to read.

4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I cried. Ugh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I find Troy to be very humble, religious and genuine and I also find it strange that he has a Twitter Account.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree, from what I've seen from the world of Twitter, little shocked a man like him would have an account.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If you make a video of amazing football plays of the last 50 years Troy would have been in the top 5. Another Steeler who would have been in the video would have been Lynn Swann. Some of the junk he pulled in was amazing to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ben would already have passed Terry in SB rings if it weren't for Swann and Stallworth grabbing crazy off target passes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Troy marches to the beat of his own trumpet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think he has it it to fulfill some promotional responsibilities. Like when Moana came out he did a couple of thankful of the opportunity tweets and then some about the college outreach program that he was into. I could be wrong maybe he is one of those have to tweet every thought that comes into my head types but I get the feeling he isn't.

I think the most I heard about him opening up was when he talking about the keague needing to change its approach to diet and fitness. I mean he was really passionate about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Stone.

As he should, as well as all others on this Great Earth. As long as the "march" is in the right direction but I am not here to judge anyone. Troy is such a true competitor. However, he really seems to know how to "turn" things on and off in life when and where per se. He was only consumed with Football when it was time to be in-between the lines. When it was time to go home he seemed to have known when and what to leave behind for the next day. A true Humanitarian and one of the most gifted athletes that I have had the "real-time" pleasure of witnessing him showcasing his talents.

I have stated over my time here about Learning Theories regarding different forms of "Intelligences". Given that, Troy was/is amongst the "Brightest" that the World has ever come to know when it came to "Kinesthetic" Intelligence. The athletic feats that he demonstrated on such a consistent basis were jaw-dropping, required double-take looking and just gave the fans their money's worth and so much more. Another one was Lynn Swann. I just felt like putting him in there. These type of athletes are rare and come along only every so often. I truly, and genuinely, feel so fortunate to have been a part of, and seen live, their many highlight reel moments.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Troy might be my favourite player ever. I'm always torn between him and Ward. Loved watching Ward destroy guys.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    It scares me when I watched him play. He has no consideration for his body. I’m surprised he wasn’t injured more

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    We were spoiled with greatness. It flew by much to quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey Vox.

I really was awed by both his Athletic "Gifts" and his "Passion for Life". As I stated in another post, he is a True Humanitarian. He never was consumed by any one thing that did not have "real" meaning. He loved Football it would seem but his Family and Life even more. Definitely a man who has his priorities straight. He played with such a reckless abandon, a free-spirit of sorts out on the field. Kind of like a wild stallion that could never be tamed but was always in control of himself. Always cognizant about what he was doing out there. Seemingly, always doing things his way, the right way. Forever true to his convictions. I could go on all day. For to me, Troy gets it about Football and where it stands in life's priorities. He was truly grateful for the athletic abilities that he was bestowed and never took them for granted. The same for his recognition of his "life" and the much greater scheme with which it is apart of. I got to go.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well said Stone, well said...

17. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Wow, the Steeler's couldn't have hired a P.R. firm to explain more completely what it means to be a Steeler. Class act.