1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy seems to be putting in on the coaching staff.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by aces4me, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I don't buy into it being a talent issue. I'm pretty confident that everyone is to blame and I hope to shout that they start waking up. Coaches not motivating, players not executing, no cheerleaders...who cares, just FIX IT before I commit Harry Caray!

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We must of had a return to camp cup cake?
    Guys thowing up? It reeks of bad conditioning.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    No cheerleaders, no block numbers... these problems run straight to the core of the organisation.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Their vomiting may have been the result of being shown video of their poor fundamental play. I know that I had to suppress a gag reflex more than once Thursday night.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Just because a team signs a Steelers free agent doesn't mean the player was talented duh look at Ziggy Hood, teams sign players to fill a certain position. The Steelers aren't that talented or else they wouldn't be struggling so much on defense.

6. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There's not enough information in this interview to start pointing fingers. It sounds like there may be some issues across the board. Both players and coaches. I think the team is on their way back to greatness. It's been two games. Let's give it a couple more games. If Troy says practice better, then he could be talking about the players, also. Not totally focused during drills, etc. And that does fall back on the coaches who should both recognize that and take steps to correct the offending players.

Last season, the Steelers started 0-4. Before preseason, I told myself I would give them those same first four games to show who they are, this season. They are 1-1. I am not disappointed. In fact, I like a lot of what I've seen. There are definite improvements over last season.

The Colts are 0-2. And I don't think that's a scrub team. Last night, they did what we almost did with the Browns: gave up a huge lead in the 2nd half to lose the game. The Steelers held on in that same situation.

They dropped a game to the Ravens, at home. Now I hope the newbies to the Steelers will learn what that rivarly means. They were completely outclassed. But losing to such a detested rival is not uncommon. The Ravens still have to come to Heinz.

When the Steelers go see the Panthers, I say they should go balls to the wall. I'm not saying open up the whole playbook, but go all out with whatever is called. Don't be afraid to overplay. That should help the players figure out what they can actually do. And what they can't do. And what they need to work on. And if we're going to drop another game figuring out this "practice better, play cleaner" mess, then better to lose to an NFC team versus an AFC team for purposes of potential wild card consideration and tie-breaker stability. That issue has haunted the Steelers the last two seasons when in the wild card race.

I would say these are the keys to continued victory for the Steelers:

1) Do something about Right Tackle. Gilbert does not seem to be the long-term answer and seems to be the weak link in a mostly-corrected O-Line.

2) Figure out how to get pressure on the QB. This will lead to turnovers. Something as simple as a creative blitz scheme may accomplish this.

3) The offense needs to put up 30 pts per game. That's just the way it is. There's too much talent there not to put up at least 3 TDs per game between: Ben, Bell, Blount, A.Brown, Wheaton, and Heath. Put the rest on Suisham's toe.

:herewego:

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Damn...I forgot the block numbers. Good news though, problems solved we will now win out the season!

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    HEY! What about Pimply Dan?

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we need him more than ever!