1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy P admits to lying about concussions to get back ingame

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Jul 18, 2012.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Re: Troy P admits to lying about concussions to get back ing

After reading that article I suddenly have a new level of respect for Troy which, honestly I didn't think could be possible.
    It's a tough man's game and that is why Fans love it. You see so many athletes give only about an 80 % effort due to the rule changes and he still plays at 100% every play, every down during every game. He's knows what he signed up for and he's not whining about possible injuries. He knows that it is part of the game.
    It was either last year or the year before I was watching the local Bungle game and the defensive back just shoved a player hoping he'd push him hard enough to go out of bounds. Well he stayed in by about 6 inches and scored a 60 + yard TD. That's not the kind of football I want to watch.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Re: troy talk

I like when these guys can make a statement without MAKING A STATEMENT! Hopefully, my meaning is understood here. I think these guys should be allowed to say what they feel but, also, should be schooled in how to say it. Some athletes are better than others and Troy happens to be one of the better ones. Now, if I can teach my wife to do this I will be lucky man.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Last time he missed was for an achilles, try walking with an injured one let alone play football. I'm sure if Troy can physically move he is on the filed at all times. Hope he doesn't regret those lies about concussions though, seems like he is setting himself up for a harsh life after football, that's a lot of injuries to the brain.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Re: troy talk

if she reads this you might not be so lucky? :facepalm: :? :cool:

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

most guys with this many are out of football. that's the ones the teams knew about. now there may be more? ohh troy is it worth it? i love him on the field but not if it means the guys future health is at high risk. not good. :cool:

8. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011

Troy's just a plain all out football beast of a warrior. :herewego:

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

Couldn't have said it any better. :amen:

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

Show me a guy who WONT lie about a injury to get back in the game,Ill show you a guy who REALLY doesnt love the game!!

Any of us who has played sports has been there....."Yeah Im good coach.Put me back in." Smart? NO!! But playing beats sitting!! Ill get better tomorrow.