1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy. Is there something up with him?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He was aggressive against the Jags, but he seemed like his head was in a different place in the Card game.

I swear his injury still hasn't fully healed, and maybe never will...

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Everyone has a bad game now and then. He's getting older and had a scare last week too.

I'm not worried. It's not a long term pattern IMO... yet.

3. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    The dude is off. Nothing against Troy, I love him being on our team but he has always appeared off to me and with the Head Injuries it just adds. :scratch:

4. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think it's age. Troy's athleticism was a big factor earlier in his career and now that he can't count on that anymore, his play just doesn't seem the same. How many flying tackles have you seen him miss this year?

5. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't forget we saw the dropped interception from above. At field level that ball probably took him by surprise as he was screened.

6. steelgirl ny 47

steelgirl ny 47 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Troy is a great athlete, but his timing is definitely off.I don't think he has fully recovered from his injury.

7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nope, from field level it looked like an obvious INT. All the Steelers fans there kind of let out a sigh because how could that not have been picked up.

How many dropped INT's has he had this year? He's still been playing pretty good I think, but not the same old Troy that scooped the ball off the tips of grass blades against San Diego.

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think Troy has been 100% all year regardless of what anyone says.

9. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am really glad that this post was created. I have been thinking the same thing all year. I remember four passes directly thrown at Troy this year that I swear have hit him right in the hands by opposing qbs and he has caught none of them. I look at our -9 turnover margin and think how many of those picks would have made close games blow outs had he held on to them.

This year, when I see Troy he seems much more buff than in other years. I was wondering if he worked out harder this off season to put on more muscle to keep him from getting as hurt as easily as he has over the last few years. If this is true, could it have taken away some of his athleticism and speed?

It just seems that in other years he has caught everything thrown anywhere near him and made every tackle when a runner was close. I do not remember him getting beat as much as I feel he has this year.

Maybe it is nothing but paranoia, but I keep thinking is he really back health-wise, is it age, unluckiness, or what?

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    To me it is not about dropped INT's...its that lack of an extra gear that doesn't seem to be there? He hasn't been able to use his speed to jump routes or break up passes. Also its the missed tackles in backfield earlier in the year...something just doesn't seem right.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The superbowl hangover isn't a myth. That could be a part of it. He's just played too much football and his body just isn't responding the same as it usually does. Green Bay has a very young team so it's easier for them to bounce back, we aren't quite as young, and our players have played a lot of football the last 5 years. That does add up.

12. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He don't believe in surgery and probably should have had 2 that I can think of. So when he gets hurt it takes forever to heal if it ever heals