1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Interview About KC Injury

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 2, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's a pretty good read. Says his style of play is likely responsible for his injuries, and he can't change his technique at this point.

http://burgh.us/aeh

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    maybe some people are too old too learn....thought he would at least try...but maybe we wouldn't like him so much if he quit his aggressiveness

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He could always dive out with his forearms leading the way instead of his head.. He's trying to tackle with his shoulders, if he miss times it he gets kicked in the head. Really isn't that difficult to change.

4. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    An article on Yahoo sports has a paragraph from Troy about the fear of getting hurt that is pretty insightful:

“That’s the fear I think that any player faces,” he said. “And that’s the fear that any individual faces, overcoming any certain fears of being a coward, you know, and letting your teammates down or turning down a hit. That’s the beautiful thing about sports is these fears are right in your face and it’s pretty obvious if you turn them down or not.

“Oh, I have the fear, no question about it,” Polamalu added. “But I’m willing to fight it, for sure.” (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... s-polamalu)

Troy seems to have thought about this a lot and I wonder if that what helps drive him. Aggressive play to show that you have not given into fear. Maybe that explains why he seems so soft spoken and almost timid off the field but the Tasmanian Devil on the field. The Tasmanian Devil is overcoming the fear.

5. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I like to watch Troy a lot and his style of play. But their is a life after football and he should not be messing with his brain. He needs it for the rest of his life after football.

6. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    As I stated in another thread. Troy has always tackled wrong. He used to miss and then give up the big gain and now he smacks then and can't get back in. Back before Gooddell took over he would have definitely returned to play the last two times he was taken out. Under this new guidance he doesn't have a shot of returning, especially now that he has the history of concussions.
    A bengal fan asked me this morning if Troy were playing tomorrow or not. I told he will start but probably won't see the 2nd, 3rd or 4th qtrs.
    Against the Bengals I would just have him spy in the secondary and let the linebackers stop Benson.