1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip to PA, August 28th through Sept 5

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by diesel, May 18, 2012.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Wife, Kids (named Lambert and Bleier) and I are going to be in PA to visit family at the end of August.

We would like to catch the preseason game on the 30th.

Any suggestions to get tickets? Is training camp still on, would like to have been part of that, but flights didn't work out quite right...

Any suggestions for getting some autographs, pictures, etc...?

I am from the burgh originally, but I was one of those displaced when the mills went down.

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Training Camp will be closed by then. They should be back in the 'Burgh.

Really? You named your CHILDREN Lambert and Bleier??

That's Priceless!!!

3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep, my son is Lambert and my daughter is Bleier Lynn.

So, do you think there is any way to catch that game and get some photos? Maybe at the southside facility?

4. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I don't know much about tickets - but I'm sure they won't be hard to get for a preseason game. I know their practice facility is closed to the public, though. At least I think it is.

5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Honestly, I've bought Steelers tickets on both Stubhub and Ebay. Stubhub obviously is more reliable, but its more expensive. Tickets currently running $25 and higher for upper level seats, $51 and higher for lower level. Plus 10%, plus postage and handling. The time I got them on ebay i got 5 upper level tickets in the end zone for $110, and two of them were front row. I'm in upstate NY, so I'm figuring on taking the kids and the girlfriend to Buffalo for that preseason game. $ hours drive against 6 1/2 hours.

6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Any other suggestions for things to do in the Burgh?

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers play a home pre-season game Thursday August 30 at 7 pm. Tickets will be easy to find outside the stadium for much less than face value.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    jeh 1856 is exactly right,You did not mention the ages of your children? Also you maybe able
    to get in the parking lot at Steelers HDQTS on the Southside to take a few photos outside
    but I doubt if you will get any closer. There are lots of things to do, depending on your family's interest.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

You can easily get preseason tickets when they go on sale on ticketmaster...or find a reliable seller on ebay and you should be able to get them below face value (I've got mine from both with no problems)...as some may have said you can try to get them from a scalper...but its up to you if you want to trust them and possibly end up having no tickets.

As someone else said camp is over by then which pretty much eliminates autographs/etc...you could luck out and get near the team entrance/exit and try to holler at some about autographs during warm ups...but its doubtful.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    go to PeppiS and get a Rothlisberger and fries best sandwich I have ever had and it took me about a week to eat all the fries that gave me

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The strip district and Primanti's
    The incline to Mount Washington
    Gateway Clipper Fleet
    Science Center

12. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Grille 36. That is the restaurant owned by Bettis. And definitely the Strip District and Peppi's.