1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tre Boston

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TwentyFourSeven, May 6, 2017.

1. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I haven't followed his career closely, but my impression is that he's a better backup safety than Golden. Certainly better than Thomas or Dangerfield.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Another ex panther db?

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Steelers had pre-draft interest in him from what I've read, but I don't know too much after that. I think they know they needed to address the S depth, so they are covering their bases. I've always liked Cedric Thompson from Minnesota who was just released but it wouldn't be more than a depth signing.

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Isn't he one of Dar's UNC boys?

I don't know much about him but more depth at FS can't hurt. I'm pretty sure he's a FS...

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well then they should've drafted a safety then, I have no faith in Golden being on the field.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They didnt offer him a contract so he's moving on to visit the chargers and then the bills, maybe if they dont sign him he will talk again with the steelers....

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He said the meeting went very good... Just doing his due diligence however I don't think they'll sign him.

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I remember watching him in the Shine game he was in the same draft as Cockrell and both played well enough there that I thought were both late round options....we drafted neither and now we have a chance to get both. I don't remember if I was here on this board at that time or not but I did think he had a good game there, not sure what he has done in the NFL since the Steelers didn't draft him I didn't pay much attention after that.

10. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Boston doesn't have a lot of splash in the stat department, 3 years with the panthers 16 starts, 79 solo tackles,29 assists, 3 picks and 2 sacks to show for his 3 years, he has potential but what is his value, maybe a 1 year mini deal to find out what he has in the tank....

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    After watching Golden in the AFCCG and us not drafting a S in what looks to be a very strong draft class I am fine with seeing what he can do even if it would be for one year.

12. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Based on bostons last season 2016 the first time he started in double digit games 10, he did a good job, 53 tackles 2 sacks and 2 picks in 10 games, the panthers released him because they signed safety Mike Adams to a 2 year deal worth only 4.5 mill, Adams pro bowled his last two seasons but he is also 35 years old and thats why the colts let him go, I dont see why this signing convinced them to release boston who is only 24, puzzling to me, no doubt we could sign him if he is reasonable on the money but I doubt if he is looking for a 1 or 2 year deal chargers need a safety, so will see where that goes....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Diamond

May 26, 2012