1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Travis Etienne likely to miss entire season

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by IZONUFOTO, Aug 24, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Jerome actually was proportionate despite being very stocky. Yes, he had a huge lower half but a huge top half as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Implying you do not have your own?!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Nice smokescreen. My disagreement with your comment is not related to my finances.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Seriously, man, you're all over the place with this. You were pushing some bs about balanced weight distribution somehow equating to longevity. Then you said it was how you looked that mattered. And now you're saying that the Bus fits into both categories. I think it's time to take a loss on this one and move on. You've dug this hole far too deep to climb out of, no matter how good you look or how well balanced you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Couldn't tell.

Try being a bit more facetious! For that matter, green font is always a good recommendation! :thumbs_up:

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope.

Check out any Jerome pic. Being short and stocky does not correlate to inadequate weight distribution. That said, the only one who seems to be consistently taking losses is you.

7. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    I really hit a nerve there. You've gone over to the dark side. You sound just like the guy you told me to watch out for. Taking pot shots is beneath you. Have a snickers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And he's a Jaguar now, nothing to do with the Steelers :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You got your way. We can all rest better knowing that the halls have been monitored properly. :thumbs up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Vegan good sir.

Furthermore, no pot shots taken here. Just an observation I have been noticing lately. I do agree about the indirect sniping you are referring to; something that IS beneath me.

11. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Just more smoke screen to distract from the debate. And your implication that lately I've been losing frequent arguments is disingenuous and innacurate. It's a formerscribe talking point. It's one of his go-to responses when he doesn't want to make an effort. And you picking up that mantle is just wrong. You do remember the private message you sent me, right? I'm disappointed in you. We could have argued until the cows come home and I still would have had respect for you. Like I said, you went over to the dark side.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nah, us smart fans knew Najee was the better fit for the Steelers :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope.

No changes here!! That statement is but a matter of perspective in your case. I have been the same person since 2016.... just more observant.

Regardless however and, as I have stated before while getting back on topic, staying in shape is paramount for a Running Back. Whether you agree or disagree is up to you. If anything, the great Running Backs in NFL History were largely known to stay in shape.

Not saying Najee is HOF bound but he does have the basics and fundamentals covered of being a very good NFL Player.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    And now you're changing your tune, yet again. Like I said, you're all over the place with this.

A RB "being in shape" was not what you said and not what was being challenged.

It's painfully obvious that a RB needs to be in shape. To counter that would require arguing that physical conditioning is overrated.

Just clarify your position and stick with it. I might actually agree with you if you aren't asking me to hit a moving target.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope.

Again, a matter of perspective there. Being in shape is paramount as stated before. That said, different body types require different methods, no one runner the same.

:hmm:

Again.....

[​IMG]

16. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Being in shape and looking the part are not the same. Sorry. Try again.

Again, pick a lane.

I don't know which point you are making, so it's hard to argue for or against it. But I'll just throw this out there, Ricky Williams was a physical specimen. That did not equate to longevity. He was in great shape and he looked the part. Means nothing.

And then there's Ben. He hasn't been in the best shape nor looked the part in comparison to others, but there is longevity in spite of his injury history.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

There is more to just looking the part, as I am sure you know. That is just one aspect of physical condition. Ricky had his demons.... demons that would be his own undoing. However, that and him are besides the point.

Both are required. That was my initial aspect. Leaving one without the other is ill advised.