1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp - best day to go?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SSylvester, Jul 25, 2012.

1. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Thinking about doing a day trip from DC. Any recommendations for the best day to go? Mainly interested in seeing the offense work and possibly getting some autographs. Thanks.

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Any day really! The weekends are going to be the busiest days (possibly anywhere from 3-4 times the people from during the week if not more). So if you want better chances at scoring autographs then a weekday would be better. Also the Friday Night practice is usually fun...you have to pay to get into this one (it goes to the school)...but EVERY player must sign autographs for like 15-20 minutes before the start and they sometimes do goal line and other drills you don't see during the regular camp days. Hope this helps...any other questions feel free to ask!

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any day is good really, but, the Friday night pratice at Latrobe High School is a very good time to go. Make it a weekend two day thing. Get a hotel in Latrobe if you can, go to the Friday night practice and try to get some autographs (good time) because the players come up to the fence and sign autographs before practice starts. Plus, its up close and personel!

I will be in Pittsburgh for a week starting on Friday Auguest 4, coming up from Bowie, Maryland. I might go up to the Friday night practice. If I don't make it, I will go to one of the weekday practice Tuesday or Wednesday. I usually go up every year because its my home town and I have family all over the Burgh!

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been going for about 12 years, I have gone on different days thru out the years.
    I live locally, my favorite day is Friday night
    at Latrobe High School. If you get there early enough you can see up close and personal
    the size and the girth of these premier athletes and ask yourself how can some one so big
    be so fast? THE ATMOSPHERE is ELECTRIC. You may also see some former Steelers along
    with Dan Rooney. The greatest team on the planet is back to work, HOORAY.