1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training and Hamstring issues

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Greg the man Lloyd, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Do we need to change are training practices. We seem to have way to many hamstring issues the last 2 or 3 years.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we probably do but I think with the new CBA we will do less not more

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for starting this thread, I too was wondering why hamstring injury's occur?
    I am not a medical person and I am also interested in why we have have so many? Are the
    players just to lazy to condition their bodies? Is it something our training staff is doing?
    Please people in the medical profession chime in and let us here your thoughts!

4. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    From what I know of Andre Johnson, he works quite hard and is always in good shape.

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Hamstring issues can have several causes. No trainer can eliminate them all. Too much grip, not enough grip, getting pushed where your legs can't go, getting pulled and trying to stop, quick turns, quick stops, etc. All you can do it stretch and hope it heals up.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How do you PREVENT hamstrings injuries from occurring?

7. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Great thread! I have wondered the same thing this year with all of our hamstring injuries. At first, I just thought it was because we are an "older" team. However, as I have seen a good number of players struggle throughout the year with hamstring issues, I have to believe it was due to the shortened training camps and lockout.

I wonder if the same can be said for all of the high ankle sprains and ACL/ MCL tears this year, because it seems like a lot more "impact" type players have had these injuries this year.

It is probably just part of Roger "not"Good, but h*ll's" diabolical plan... (just kidding there)