1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading Way Up in the 2nd?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by HugeSnack, May 1, 2015.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I dont think I'd move that far up...taking into consideration what it could take to make that move. I highly doubt just throwing in a 3rd would do it...it would probably take a future first at least to do so. And as far as throwing in players...while I know it was just a suggestion it doesnt make a ton of since to say throw in Jarvis it just makes OLB a position of need yet again...so I don't know...blah! haha

If it was a handful of spots they might move up and just loose a mid rounder this year (or next) sure.

I don't think it'd be for an OL...as I don't see that as much of a need at all. S i'd rather not...CB is a bigger need. TE...no...just no. WR no here too.

We shall see soon enough....

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    [tweet]594229104926404610[/tweet]

[tweet]594229389958717440[/tweet]

3. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    It would cost more than that. That would be stupid IMO. I see no player available worth multiple picks.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lael Collins agent has said if he isn't drafted tonight,he won't sign with a team and will re-enter next year....hmmm.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Guys I am liking with our pick without trading up.....Jalen Collins, Rollins, Orchard, PJ Williams, Walford and Williams. With that said I am not trading up unless these guys start falling. They must have a guy they really like Collins(SS) or Harold(OLB) maybe?

I just feel like some of us have said before this round is pretty good in rounds 2-4 and I don't want to give one of them picks up. Especially when there is a list of players I would still love to have.

6. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    I promised myself I'd try not to get upset with our picks, but something like that would definitely set me off. I don't want to hear about TEs period ... let alone trading away additional picks to draft some ham and egger.

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Its unfortunate what has happened to him...especially since they are saying he ISN'T a suspect but just being questioned/etc...now if he's found to have involvement/etc then yeah he deserves it.

But I would not trade up for an OL....no no no

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I highly doubt they trade up for....let alone draft ANOTHER OLB in the 2nd round.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    To get pick 33... It would cost us something like our second, third and a fifth? Or if we wanted to keep our third this year, we could send our second, fourth, and a future fourth? I don't see us sending a future first to gain a second. Sending players would make it way more difficult to guess. The only guys I could see us moving would be V. Williams/Spence. maybe Jones if we were planning on drafting Gregory (super doubtful), or maybe Shamarko or Mitchell if we were taking Landon Collins (again, super doubtful)?? I couldn't imagine a scenario where any of lasts seasons rookies or Heyward/Timmons

10. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    Then wait.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

**** him, ,if isnt happy where he is picked, , hell he might be in prison nxt year lol

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That Dulac tweet is reassuring. So many sources are saying we want to trade up that I'm conceding it's true. Now I just have to hope it's not a stupid pick. I'd be okay with Rowe. It's too much to give up for anyone else, I think, including CBs.

La'el Collins would be the only non-CB I might be okay with, and that's assuming everything's okay regarding that legal matter. Even then, we'd really be screwing the pooch in our own secondary. But at least the value would be there.

All this talk about Strong or Williams some Landon... :sick:

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Come on, have a little sympathy. Suppose he had nothing to do with it, which is most likely. That means his friend was murdered and it cost him millions of dollars. You don't think he should have the right to wait a year and try again, or get into the supplemental draft or something?

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Second:

I have no problem with this. I think it's great even. Get your guy, Steelers!

I can see a few potential targets who aren't CB's. I don't think L. Collins is one of them. Clemmings I could see, though. Rowe would make a ton of sense. I would think the odds of players being involved would be a lot higher with Tennessee being the partner.

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I have had friends murderd, , but your right we dont kno the story,, ,But what if he had it done? seems awfully conveniant it happend when he was out of town;)

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :this!:

18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nothing would surprise me.....

19. BFreeZ28

BFreeZ28 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Considering other teams are also looking to trade up I highly doubt the Steelers will put together a better package than the other teams.

Steelers will most likely stay put.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Perhaps. However, it's not likely that all of the teams looking to trade up are looking for the same player. It's not the Mariota situation where there were clearly a bunch of teams clamoring for 1 guy. It could be that we pull the trigger on a deal with another team near the top of the round.

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I heard the trade up was to target SS Landon Collins. On the radio, Landry I think was his name reporting.

He seemed very confident fwiw.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Cam Thomas maybe??? :praying:

I am guessing Rowe if it's indeed a corner, just through process of elimination. My best remaining corner on tape is PJ Williams, but with a few character questions he may be around for a while tonight. Jalen Collins is a magnificent height/weight/speed specimen for the corner position, and he flashes potential greatness on tape... sometimes. However, he has both injury and botany flags. I think it's Rowe. They may just not want to risk that he goes early. Dunno.

23. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    landon collins or rowe if they like them so much ..

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I'll make a prediction - if we trade up, it's for Jalen Collins. Tons of upside there if we can coach him up. He's got quite a few 1st round grades among draft "experts." I'm not saying Id' love it, but he may be the CB most likely to go off the board soon.

25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My guess is Jalen Collins as well...not Landon Collins.

DGB, Jalen Collins, Max Williams.....any other name with a big trade up with bother me....and that includes Rowe...and I loved Rowe...I just had Rowe late 2nd to 3rd

HACK