1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading Partners?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Wardismvp, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Although the Steelers do not usually do these type of deals
    (Troy P). I think it is imperative that we explore possibities for Decastro.
    He is an Alan Faneca type player, that would fill a BIG need. Lets face it
    our OL is terrible besides Pouncey. We neeed to shore this up.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    how far up do we have to trade to get him?

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I've seen him going as high as 11th to KC I think. It would take a good bit to go up that high as discussed in other threads.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Pouncey, Gilbert and Colon are the 3 best. Foster is a decent RG and was only responsible for a few sacks. While I'm sure he could be upgrades (maybe Chris Scott finally comes around?)...but for sure LG is the biggest whole on the OL...fill that spot with a solid player and the OL will be good to go for a while.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i've seen decastro going in the top 10. we don't have enough to go there. nor should we. :cool:

6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    If he would stay at the projected pick 14 then we would have to seriously
    look at something,if he moves into the top ten it gets just too expensive.
    And we will go on with our hap hazard selections of OL. We have failed miserbly
    in selecting OL. Whoever is selecting these people need to go back to the drawing board
    of scouting. They STINK. PEOPLE, DECASTRO WILL SOLVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we were at brandon brooks pro day friday. they are saying he's a 3rd rounder. not invited to the combine. 4.98 -40 36 reps 1.71 10 yd. split 8-9 broad jump 32 vertical 4.52 short shuttle. he also knocked our newly hired offensive quality control/o-line coach down when he punched the bag during drills. decastro is not the only game in town at guard. :cool:

8. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Colbert already said it does not make sense too have so many #1 picks on the oline...my guess is we will get a guard in round 2 or 3

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There are plenty of good guard prospects in this draft, especially when you factor in guys like Glenn who will likely be making the switch from tackle to guard. Yes, DeCastro is the best of them right now, and would be a great pick, but he's not the only guy who can help us. I wouldn't trade up too far to get him in a year where we have so many needs, and in a year where there is some depth at our positions of need (DL, G, LB). I'd maybe give up a 3rd to move up for DeCastro, but definitely not a 2nd or mutliple picks. There are others who can help, and it's entirely likely that one of them will be better 2-3 years from now.

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Two is too many? We only have one. Current line is:

#2 - UDFA - #1 - UDFA - #4

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that sounds like colbert about the o-line. yet we can have 3 on the d-line. let's get cheap about protecting our highest paid player kev. real smart. :roll: :cool:

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    When/where was this?

13. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I heard this in an interview with him prior to the combine..who knows it might be a smokecreen..if DeCastro is there at 24 we better take him.

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011

Glenn scares me alot, especially after on putting up 18 reps plus he is sloppy fat.
    I guess the Steelers will continue to pick crappy lineman. You get what you pay for.

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011

Glenn putting up 18 reps, heck I know HS players here in Western PA
    doing this, It tells me he is LAZY won't get in the weight room. He looks sloppy FAT
    Yes you get what you pay for. We have seen over the past several years how bad
    the Steelers evaluate OL talent, other than Pouncey they all stink.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think you have the wrong guy. glenn put up 31. adams put up 19. :cool: