1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Up!!!!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Jan 4, 2013.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    http://nationalfootballpost.sportsd...spx?page=/data/ncaaf/players/player46791.html

i don't know. he's got a very good resume'. he had 8 or 10 tackles in the bowl game too and a couple behind the line of scrimage in that one. they don't throw alot in his direction either for a reason. he is the real deal. he's a coach back there too on the field. football smart kid. that boy from fresno state isn't to bad either.

hack , as far as spence , he's a much better LB then sly for what they want him for. pass coverage and sideline to sideline speed. he'll play.

what would you think about bostic in a later round? :cool:

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I like Bostic..I love Jenkins......I think Elam is a good player....and he may sneak into the back of round 1 like Harris did with the Vikings.....JMO

EDIT: I am just not sure about Spence....I was not that high on pick originally...but when they got Ta'amu in the 4th...I was extremely happy....

I saw little before his injury that made me think he was going to be anything more than a body this year.....and that injury....is not good....Douchette just said this last week when someone asked about Spence...."his leg was really messed up" Im paraphrasing....but thats not the kind of answer you want when you ask..."How is Spence doing?" Not that he looks good...or he is on pace for camp....but....he was really really messed up. I didn't see a strong kid...or a fast kid...I read about how he was a smart kid.....had he not been injured..I think Sly would have been flat out cut.

HACK

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i have been a miami fan for alot of years. as well as my buckeyes, but i think spence would be a larry foote with better pass coverage skills. he's a good tackler, not a thumper type by any means, just a good football player. i still like gooden as an ILB prospect. he was hurting most of this season though. there are some good ones out there. klien from iowa st. isn't bad either. molls from toledo. sean porter could play inside. at least they have options.:cool:

4. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

I would be happy with a
    1) Warmack
    2) Amerson
    3) Jelani Jenkins
    4) Zavier Gooden

HACK

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that would be interesting.:cool:

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Since we have done a little re-hashing what we wanted done in the past. I am still mad about passing on Navarro Bowman in the 3rd round (we took Sanders). I so wanted Bowman that draft as he would have been awesome paired with Timmons (like he is with Willis now). Sanders may have still been available later in the 4th, and if not, so be it, we got Brown later that draft anyway.

Then we would not even be having this conversation about Teo.

7. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

For the record...more than a few people have compaered Te'o to Bowman

HACK

8. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    But Bowman was a 3rd round pick. (who we could have taken:kapow:)

I do like the comparison to Zach Thomas though (for Teo) or maybe a little Teddy Bruschi?

9. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    True...Bowman was a 3rd...would you feel worse about him if he was a first?

HACK