1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Tomlin to Panthers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Trade average Mike to Panthers for a top pick. Everyone nervous saying he’ll get a job in 2 seconds, so what that’s just another average team to beat

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We looked

Troll

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm all for trading Tomlin, I don't think the Roony will give him another contract..So why not trade him in the off season and get a couple of picks for him... I mentioned this in the game thread earlier

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

He may be a troll, but trading Tomlin isn't a bad idea.. Whether a person likes him or not his career is over here nxt year when his contract is up ... IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Trade him and set the media cycle thank him for his years of mediocrity and send him along he will be pissed cause he thinks he’s great but he’s just a regular average Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    You put Tomlin on the Jets and we are talking 5 wins per year for 15 years

7. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    How's he a troll when clearly he don't have a boy crush on this generations Marvin lewis... he's a joke

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Because it’s his 37th similar post today

Because he started a new post solely to get attention and for us to look at him

I think that covers it

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Doubt they’d give up a pair of used cleats for this overrated disaster of a HC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I don’t put anything past the Rooney’s giving him another extension. They are clueless at this point and there is a better chance they give him an extension then not give him one it’s just how they operate they are dumb like that. There is no way in hell if Tomlin misses the playoffs with this schedule that Omar Khan or Art Rooney could justify extending Tomlin. It would be a terrible look on their part and there would be a ton of explaining to do on their end. If this team misses the playoff this year Tomlin goes into next year as a lame duck coaching for his job.

11. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    If trading Tomlin was ever on the table that time has long past.

By no means am I saying he doesn't care or isn't trying, but you can just get the sense tired and ready to enjoy his next stage in life. He seemed like someone that welcomed the challenge in 99 with Duck and Mason, now he's just there. His pressers even seem meh and defiant. Habitual blank stares, even when the team is winning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Have the dignity to retire after this season but he will take the $12.5m next year. I don't think we will see a talent in the Burgh like Ben again in my lifetime which makes me sad. I just hope my son sees us win another Super Bowl or two in his life.

13. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    It is strange that they haven't extended his contract like they normally do. Maybe AR2 knows that Tomlin is going to retire (or resign) after this season?

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    The irony of this is post is that you Tomlin haters sound much more broken spirited and defeated than Tomlin ever does. “This team is never going to win another sb……wahh wahhh”

Maybe y’all should retire as Steelers fans.

The team is 7-5 and in the middle of a playoff race in a wide open afc. The defending champs are only 8-4 and just lost to the packers at home. All of this with a subpar qb play and a defense that’s been decimated by injuries. Yet, y’all are running around constantly whining about the coaching as if this team wasn’t already predicted to finish last in the division and not make the playoffs before the season started due to being in rebuild-mode. This is only the 2nd year post Ben.

Seriously, maybe y'all should be the ones retiring because clearly NFL football is too much to handle without throwing hissy fits after every loss

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    AFC is one hell of an exciting race. NFC is Eagles or Niners (maybe Cowgirls). Injuries have ruined us but if we could have won yesterday we'd be in the race for home field advantage. Now that is insane.

16. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    What an absurd post. I don't hate Tomlin whatsoever. I never met the man. He just looks mentally exhausted and is ready to retire... that's all I'm saying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    would love it - would IMPROVE both organizations!

18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

HOMER ALERT!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    It's funny because I still root for the Pirates, who are far worse as an organization. Shoot, I didn't even blame Tomlin for the loss. Hell, I went through a 9 loss Pitt season. Nothing spoiled bout my fanhood as I've been a fan since 91. I've been barely posting this season due to a new job and switch in sleep schedule. Dudes post bout me was random AF

20. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    I didn’t say that you hated Tomlin. I said that the Tomlin detractors sound more defeated than he does and maybe it’s ya
    Yea it’s crazy. It’s crazier to think that even with the terrible loss yesterday they’re still right there in the thick of it. All isn’t lost

21. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Yesterday's loss had more to do with injuries catching up with the team combined with extended weather delays than it did Tomlin. Hard to come from behind and find rhythm like that. I'm from the Mon Valley, which entitles me to be critical.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Cardinals, a 2-10 west coast team on the road, had no problem finding rhythm on offense and defense. Even with the weather delays. Steelers had every advantage and squandered them in all 3 phases. Inexcusable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    That's because they got ahead due to the fumbled snap and 99 yard drive... smooth sailing from there.

24. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    That would seem to be the obvious observation to me, then I look at the commentary and see that a big portion of “fans” pouncing on the loss trying to use it as evidence in support of their anti Tomlin agenda. Your initial comment seemed to be in that same lane. I have no issue with criticism but the Tomlin stuff is hate.

There’s clearly a crowd of Steelers fans who hate Tomlin more than they love the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I was looking at it through the lens of someone that's been to a psych ward multiple times and can see that Tomlin is mentally fatigued. That doesn't mean he cares less than before just that the man is exhausted. He put his heart and soul into it and just can't no more, not matter how hard he could try. The blank stare says it all.