1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2024.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fautanu was named the starter at RT played one game, then got injured in practice the next week. Stop talking out of your ass Herbig wasn't going to start the season at center :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    My gut is telling me they aren't going to make a splash move for a wideout. I think they may get one, but it will be a journeyman or one that has pedigree but for whatever reason, injuries, work ethic, situation, has been underwhelming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The talk on some YT chats is hilarious, trading Najee and a 2nd for Adams is the one that gets the most attention, followed by Dan Moore. have these morons followed the team this season, trade your starting TB or T and who is left? Could Adams help the team? Certainly, could his contract be restructured in a way to keep him here a couple of years, keep Pickens and Fields (if thats the plan), would be some work but it could be done. The O is going to start costing money, and the D is going to start getting less, the balance has to come from somewhere, I'm just not sureI would commit that much cash on a 32 YO.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    That's where I'm at Vox and my spider sense is telling me that although the Steelers almost certainly have inquired about him, it doesn't mean they are "all in". Now, they could surprise us, but I think they make the move only if it's giving up less than what LV wants currently, and I simply don't see that happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    i wonder if the Bears would trade DJ Moore? He loves Justin Fields and doesn’t seem to be getting much play in their offense this year.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He is their leading receiver.

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Really? I saw a whole segment on ESPN of him sitting by himself on the field after their win at home against the rams.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why? Is that good of a downfield blocker?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol::thumbs_up:

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Some of the twitter trade scenarios are just as bad with trading Pickens for Adams :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Interesting this is brought up. I initially thought of the same thing. That said, I don't think it would happen. Keenan Allen has shown he isn't capable of staying healthy. In addition, losing DJ Moore basically means it is Rome Odunze's show and his alone. Granted they do have Cole Kmet but that alone isn't enough.

Now, if the Bears were to trade DJ Moore?!... I'd imagine it'd be for a high asking price. Given the fact he signed a big contract this Offseason, I don't think Chicago has any intention of letting him go. That said, there is another NFC North team I'd contact if I were Pittsburgh; Green Bay.

Specifically Christian Watson. His injury history notwithstanding, he wasn't receiving too many snaps to begin with. A lot of Green Bay's other Receivers have been receiving more playing time than him. Only major reason I'd be against it is because he has had multiple injuries already in his career.

14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Man I really like Christian Watson, but the poor guy just can’t stay healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I dislike the Ravens and Lamar as much s anyone but the guy has never had a pro bowl receiver. Adams would make a significant difference in that offense.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I think what is more realistic is we trade for Mike Williams from the Jets or Christian Kirk from Jacksonville. Would I love Adams, sure but I just sense that NYJ are going to get him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How about spend big time , and fix the line then. We've lost a OL man almost every week. This is like spending a big bucks on wheels on a truck with a shot engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    What offensive lineman are out there on the market that would be an upgrade from what we already have? Typically the only players you see at the trade deadline are WR’s. CB’s, DE’s and RB’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes he has....they just haven't been that way while they were with Him. I know this makes people mad, but the reality of it is.....no FA Wrs want to play there unless they are paid way more than their going price, or they are so old nobody wants them. I'm not the only one saying this. Their own HCs has had to answer these questions. Wrs just don't want to play with Qb that average throwing 180 yards a game throughout their careers. A Wr gets paid by their performance at catches, and yards....not blocking downfield

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No players are out there for free...., and most players can be had for a certain price. If people want to spend draft picks , and money on New wheels when the engine is broken down be my guest. I wouldn't...., but I see this all the time. So:shrug:

23. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    A couple things to unpack here.
    1. There own coach did indeed say that, then they went out and changed offensive coordinators to focus more on the passing game.
    2. Since the change of OC’s Lamar had the most throwing yards ever in his career with 3,700 yards (rounding up) averaging 230 yards per game. Thats not Tom Brady like but who cares if your an aging talent who has had all the personnel accolades and is now just searching for wins and a chance at a Super Bowl.
    3. Devante Adams came out in an interview this year and was gushing about Lamar’s talent and how it would be fun to play with him.

I can understand not wanting to play there if you are a young receiver on your first or second contract but that isn’t the case at all with Devante. I am not the biggest fan of Lamar. I think he chokes in big games and moments and he is injury prone and he whines alot, but you can not deny his talent. It would be a problem defending him, their TE’s the run game and Adams. I hate the Ravens but you gotta give them respect. They are well coached every year. They would know how to use Devante. I believe it would put them over the top just like I think it would put us over the top provided we don’t have anymore offensive line injuries.

24. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I understand what you are saying but its tough pill to swallow when we have already invested a ton in the line position either through free agency or the draft. Technically our weak link is at guard right now with Daniels down. But we drafted his replacement in Mccormick so at this point we might as well start that process early and ramp him up. Broderick has to step up as well. The pedigree is there. These guys are capable they just have to be coached up. Its different on offense everyone outside of GP lacks the pedigree to truly be a number two in the NFL. I don’t think it is for lack of effort.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    What do you mean spend big time? The Steelers are up agains the cap almost every year. They currently only have $11,122,426 in cap space according to OTC, which isn't that much. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/pittsburgh-steelers