1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Proposal - Steelers/Skins for Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Somebody we could have easily acquired with a trade up? I'm over it. He's only catching 40-50 yard bombs every game and stretching the field. DJ on the other hand.. Take away two blown coverage plays has 130 yards and 0 tds.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Well maybe. But there's also the very likely fact that AR2 would never let him make that deal. Trading coaches is so rare to begin with and the Steelers aren't exactly trailblazers in that department.

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not a Tomlin basher, I have my complaints. But we got a team that really needs him and will be a good fit. If we need to speed this up a few years now is the time to do it. I just think messages get tired and change could be good for everybody. But we will probably keep him 2 more years then let him go and get nothing.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah nothing. Nothing but a better coach.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So you rather lose him for nothing in a few years then get some picks now? Makes sense.

6. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe I missed it but who is it you have replacing Tomlin as head coach of the Steelers?

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No doubt it's someone who's not available!

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't know. I can give advice but I'm not Miss Cleo. I legit have no idea who the Steelers would target as HC. Do they follow the trend and got somebody young in the pipeline or get Munchak? Anybody but McCarthy.

This thread is just dealing in a world where the Steelers planned on moving from Tomlin within the next few years. Why wait when they have a perfect suitor that will give you proper compensation or are we going to Leveon Bell this situation?

9. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I mean , you're playing GM. If you're going to send a HC away why would you not have his replacement on your mind at least?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Matt Eberflus

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    SDotGM Fail!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I gave you a good HC candidate, Matt Eberflus. What do you think?

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Hmm not bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Disagree here.

Intangibles simply do not go away after leaving college. Barring extreme circumstances, intangibles stay with that person. Most importantly, players that have them not just develop them but also fine tune them.

So again, as I reiterate, Mason has "it". Dwayne does not.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Matt said “hell no! I’m not working for an SOB who would trade a coach to *($#& Dan Snyder! I’d probably end up in #$&&* Cleveland if I work for SDOT.”

That’s the most colorful tirade I’ve ever heard from Matt. You apparently bring out the best in people.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Did you forget to put that whole reply in green font? Rudolph has "it"?

What do you actually base that on?

His 1-2 record as a QB with that one win coming against the hap-challenged winless Bengals? Or all those times he led the team down the field late in the fourth on a game winning drive? Maybe it was those games he was a real difference maker in the outcome? (Actually he sort of was at SF where the offense's failure to turn 5 turnovers into TDs was the difference.)

The best we can say at this point is that he hasn't lost a game with some boneheaded mistakes. Yet. But he hasn't gone out and won a game with his play either. Yet.

"It"? More like "meh". He hasn't really done anything consequentially bad or good to make a judgement on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Based on the fact that the defense gave up game winning touchdowns to both San Fran and Seattle. However, that is not the point here. The fact of the matter is Mason made plays to win us both those games.

Defense let us down in both. Randy Fitchner the same. Mason has nothing to do with the former and is consistently hog tied with the latter.

19. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Made plays to win?

The Steelers were up 10-7 when he entered the game vs. Seattle. They lost.
    The Steelers were the recipients of 5 TO's at SF which they turned to a grand total of 6 pts. They lost. (OK, he did throw the TD early in the fourth to put them up, but the two subsequent possessions ended in the Conner fumble and turning the ball over after 4 plays.)
    The Steelers were behind 17-13 vs Baltimore when he got injured. They lost.

I might give you the Niners game, but even that is a stretch. Not saying he's bad or anything, just that we don't know. To say he has "it" based on his performance to date just isn't reasonable.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Defensive minded coach especially linebackers. He turned the Colts defense around from one of the worst. They held the Chiefs and Texans in check.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Y'all had to encourage him into spreading this falsehood again?

(I don't mean the criticism of Johnson. I'm talking about this idea that the Steelers could have easily traded up even though he has no idea if that is true or not.)

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Metcalf also fumbled the game away against the Ravens late in the game.

23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Game was already over. Seahawks down 10 with 3 minutes left. DJ fumbled in a 0-0 game and gave the Bengals their only points.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers won though :shrug:, the Seahawks lost big difference :hehehe:.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still waiting for the leak confirming Rooney met with Snyder

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1