1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade for Flacco?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rambro, Jan 24, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Flacco? There can only be one moosetach

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Kirk Cousins is Tomlin's boy, he loves Kirk Cousins. Redskins have yet to give him a deal. They used the franchise tag on him last year. They could do that again?

But, I still think Ben isn't retiring. I think it's just frustration talking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah I'm frustrated so I can't imagine how Ben feels. I think he plays out his contract to be honest.

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ben Hem-Hawed about retiring just so he could see how ridiculous fans could get on naming his replacement, he has to be laughing pretty hard right now....

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think its safe to say no one above a fringe player (like Justin Gilbert) will be traded within the conference. Can anyone name one? I'm drawing a blank.

FA departures and signing with a team in the same conference is alot different.

6. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    there is something going on here, Bradshaw first calls Tomlin a "cheerleader" in a kind of back handed and derogatory way than he corrects himself and calls Tomlin a "motivator" , yet this to me is loaded, for as many people have pointed out Chuck Noll once said something to the affect "If I have to motivate you, your fired." I think there may have been a facade with this current team and we were all following along after winning nine in a row, but that, has crumbled dramatically , and the most revealing event, after many revealing incidents piled up since the Chiefs win, was Roethlisberger stating that he is thinking about retiring.... this team has some problems that I think are not unfixable, one is we have a lot of young players who are walking the plank by seeing Antonio Brown as their leader, AB simply has to change and somebody has to deliver that message to him, maybe some people cant change and Roethlisberger has realized that and now is thinking of retiring, I don't know, but this team has more problems than we realized. to me AB's stock has crashed since the cringe inducing Facebook fiasco, the first RULE for any team is that when the coach addresses the group in the locker room you stop what your doing and listen, what AB did was embarrass the organization, the legacy and the memory of Chuck Noll

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You don't trade for Flacco if Ben retires, you just don't. His deal would have to come at the cost of a comp pick or something cause he just isn't that good.

This draft is NOT the draft to get a QB, there just are many good ones out there. Personally, I think you go with an older vet like Fitzpatrick and tell him to manage the game and not make turnovers or you go with a young guy already on the roster. In the draft you go heavy for needs on Defense and make that a Steel Curtain type D again, a defense that can dominate the game. That being said, you probably still are going to be middle of the pack without a QB, so you ride the storm out and go get a QB next year in the draft who you think you can win long term with.

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wonder what Brett Favre is up to?

9. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If you want to go that route, I would also trade for Eli Manning, Tyree, and Manningham to have waiting in the wings in case of injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ohh my goodness I can just picture Bill pacing the sidelines in fear. None of those guys are going to ask for Brady's jersey after the game. They would confront him after the game with jars to collect Brady teardrops.

• Like Like x 1
  11. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    He better live in fear. A man that can wear Vince Wilfork like a belt and heave it 40 yards down field in triple coverage for a helmet catch, but that would be too easy so Eli made sure to close his eyes to make it more challenging. Belichick has no game plan for that wizardry. Even Aaron Rodgers sleeps with an Eli fathead over his bed.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not sure if the 85 Bears would be PS eligible but you know, no harm in going full patriot killer squad.

• Like Like x 1