1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

trade Bell to Seahawks for Sherman

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Jul 20, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    trade bell for sherman. ab for revis. bryant for earl thomas. ben for eric weedle. sign kapernick. DHB and kapernick could be the offense and we have a shut down defensive backfield. PWP would love this. :smiley1::cool:

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    But it would be in fact a better trade than the old Holmes trade hahahahahahahaha

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, totally disagree. I think Connor has a bright future in the league. Everyone thinks he's just a bruiser, he has better hands then people realize.

I think they very much intend to use him in the same capacity as Bell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I guess I am not sure why you would trade a guy that is entering the final year of his "prime" playing years for a guy that is in the middle of it. As far as I am concerned the Steelers are right on the money with what they offered Bell, maybe even a little high. It will work out great for us. Bell will have a big year again, proving his worth. The Steelers will tag him again. Try to work out a deal and it won't get done, but we will get to use him for the final year of his "prime" and then he can try his hand at free agency. By then no one will want to pay that much for him because he will be 27 going on 28, so we will grab him for a reasonable price, and he will retire a Steeler. All this changes drastically if he gets injured in the next 2 year, but at least we wouldn't be stuck with a huge long term deal on a broken down back.

Well played Steelers, Well played!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I'm clueless--how does a trade work? Does the acquiring team step into our shoes (saddled with the tag salary and forbidden from negotiating until the season's over)? Or can they work out a contract?

(Not that I'd support a trade. Just curious.)

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah he has all the tools. Are people forgetting just how dominant he was before the cancer and the knee injury. Even after both of those he still had a great year last year. He probably just recently got back to 100% because of all the damage to your body chemo does. I feel like he has dropped weight like Bell did also. I honestly think he is the back up plan if Bell doesn't sign.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm thinking yes to getting what we have. I did read they can be traded but only after they sign the tag.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    People are forgetting that Sherman's only good because he's handsy and does it so much the Ref's don't call it on him regularly as a par of the Seahawks.

I have no doubt he'd get more calls against him when/if he changes teams.

Let's not forget this BS job of officiating!

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Um dude have you forgotten???

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I meant Earl Thomas, was having a senior moment and couldn't think of his name. We get him for Bell we are good to go.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

Have Sean Davis float around like Troy did to maximize his talent and potential. Earl can centerfield and tactically exploit passing lanes in the middle.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Given the fact Blast that Narduzzi did have both of them in addition to Conner's continued development, it is not that difficult to see James having a similar road on the field as Bell has now.

Best of all, Conner currently is Bell without the narcissism. :smiley1:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Whoa, Whoa your horses, here James Conner is good, but he has not played a down
    in the NFL. Lets give him some time to get his sea legs and learn. He can be a very good compliment
    to Le'vean Bell this year. I hope he gets 8-10 touches per game to keep Le'vean fresh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ben has so many toys bell should be fresh. when you want to be paid as the top dog, you have to expect a lot of work. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    As I understand it they can be traded if they are on a non exclusive tag, matt cassell for example was tagged non exclusive which meant the pats could get 2 one picks from a trade with the chiefs but the pats traded him and vrabel both to them for a 2nd round pick, at the time cassell didnt sign his tag so the pats saved 14.6 M by trading him away, I cant think of a player on an exclusive tag thats ever been traded before or after they signed their tag, maybe someone here can name a player traded on an exclusive tag, I cant....

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bell will sign his tender when ready. And I feel it will be after camp. Get ready folks this might be the last season we see Bell. They overpaid to retain Brown, and have other contracts on the horizon. Bells demands are of what receivers are being paid, and the Steelers can't dole out what kind of cash. As far as Sherman is concerned Bell is more valuable period.

17. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    It is pretty hard to change a Leopards spots, when you have a superstar with the pass catching ability of Bell I expect #7 will always have an eye out for #26.

What really should be asked is if Haley can come up an offensive game plan to utilize all these weapons.
    I will bet there will be so much bitching coming from all these egotistical players that Ben will want to quit for sure
    after this year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think it's a matter of changing spots but utilizing what spots he has. he simply didn't really have that 2nd wr last year. with 3 go to guys that spreads the defense out having to cover all the field. it almost makes you have to spread the ball around. :cool:

19. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Nope. Bell will get signed and Sherman is a POS.