1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade AB; Transition Bell; FA OLB; Draft Corner 1st round

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Jan 13, 2019.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Is Peterson happy in AZ? With Fitz retiring, they need a WR. David Johnson for Bell and they throw in a 3rd or 5th pick. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    My suggestion; swap Brown for Peterson.

We should have made the move at the trade deadline when it was available and given up this years 1st round pick.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No. Let him go. Stop playing games with this mental midget.

Unfortunately they will keep Dupree because they don't want to be wrong again. He is a large part of the downfall of this defense. I anyone wants to see him gone it's me. And drafting an OLB is as bad as drafting a corner. I want a free agent corner to pair with Haden, but i'm not holding my breath. Ford will be signed by the Chiefs and Clowney i'm not much for. Lets see what Ola can bring.

Brown is as good as gone. A 1st and a 3rd or 4th pick.

Buckle up, going to be a bumpy ride...

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If they are trying to change the culture of the team, it makes zero sense shipping AB off and keeping Bell.

Be done with both these guys. Already have Bells replacement on the team. Now go out and find another WR, doesn't have to be on AB's level. Reading some of these post you wonder how in the world did they ever win a SB without AB.

Tell me how many they have won with him :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bring in some guys with talent and level heads.:cool:

6. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    My exact argument about Bell when everybody was in the "sky is falling" mode. How many playoff games did we when with Bell?

We are ok at the WR spot, RB spot is falling into place. We need a LBer with a chip on his shoulder and wants a SB ring. TJ is that quiet get the job done LBer, the captain so to speak, we need a nasty LBer; an enforcer who will make LJ think twice about running.

I am so done with this drama crap. I am getting sick of Ben's attitude as well. We need him, I know, but he needs to stop all this drama queen crap and being unprepared.

7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I may get roasted for this, but I’d trade AB for AJ Green straight up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Haha. Draft a CB.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah, i think everybody kind of figured it was a matchup issue, but your video doesnt show how that matchup came to be. Was it because offenses audibled into the mismatch?? or because offenses broke out of the huddle into a set where their best receiver was placed into the slot and no audible was made on the Steelers end?? It certainly didnt seem like they were in a zone because the LB always seemed to be trailing the receiver like in man coverage, but you may be right.

Your video only shows how offenses were running against their dime packages unless you copied and pasted the wrong video?? The only thing i got out of this video is that 54 (Fort) wouldnt be on the field for most teams i dont think (except for the really bad ones) and Burnett was almost as useless in the run game as he was in the pass.

ILB absolutely has to be top priority...unless a cant miss db shows up at 20 (highly unlikely). I would pass on both just to get the best player still available in the draft that far down into the pecking order though. They've struck out so many times on those positions when theyre picking late...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We are contenders. Forget bell. Dont need him. If u can get a top pick, say the niners want ab bad. Greedy is a possibility. Either way. I am anxious to see how it unfolds

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Wouldn't mind that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Why is he a mental midget??

13. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    You're not contenders if you cant make the playoffs and you didnt make the playoffs w/o Bell sooooo... looks like youre wrong there on 2 counts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Greens contract is up next year whereas AB still has two more years beyond that. Im not sure if that messes up things. I was initially hesitant with the idea because AJ Green seems less durable but now im like if the money is no issue, why not??

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We haven't won a SB since corners players were here. :cool:

16. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry. Disagree.

17. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Not sure what youre disagreeing about unless you dont know what the definition of a contender is?? You already know the Steelers didnt make the playoffs unless you woke up out of a coma yesterday. Last i checked a contender is a team that makes the playoffs. Well they didnt. Therefore they are not a contender...otherwise all 30 plus teams are and thats nothing to brag or get excited about.

As for Bell's relevance...unless youre a homer, like you appear to be, theres no doubt in anyone elses mind whether they play the game or not that the Steelers would have been in the playoffs had he been on the team. If you're going to address something with black and gold glasses on youre just going to look silly and right now you just look silly.

18. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    if you think bell is the reason they didn't make playoffs you are the blind one. but hey. odds makers agree with me. right now the steelers are 14-1 and 8th to win it all next year. but no. they aint contenders

• Like Like x 1
  19. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Right, they were 10/1 when the season started to win the SB...they didnt even make the playoffs...so no, they're not contenders. As a matter of fact when they knew Bell wasnt going to play the oddsmakers went all the way down to 14/1. If they are 14/1 now to win it next year God given sense tells you its because they presume AB will be on the team. If AB is traded those odds will drop drastically.

I like dealing with intellectualy dishonest people like yourself though. You're easy to make a fool out of. So you say Bell could not have won you 1/2 a game?? So i'll pose this question to you. I have a feeling you wont answer because you seem like that type.

Knowing what you know now concerning this season. A capable gambler puts up his million up against your house and all that youre worth . Any differences you make up in cash. The bet is that you can replay every loss or tie on the season with Bell inserted inside of the line up. The gambler is betting you wont make the playoffs. Bell is the only change to anything. Game or career ending injury nullifies the bet. Would you take the bet?? Remember...all you need is 1/2 a game...

20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Pretty much every analyst acknowledged we missed bell.

21. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell could have won a half a game sure. So would a kicker who wouldn't fall on his ass. Maybe keep Conner in the game instead of Ridley. Or maybe McDonald catches that ball instead of ju ju and doesnt fumble. Bell isnt the reason. By your way of thinking, bell could have cost us a game we won by fumbling or something. It is what t is. We go into next year with a shot. Your nuts if you think otherwise

But hey, been on this board a long time so I know when I am talking to a genius

• Like Like x 1
  22. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Im glad you admitted you were wrong by not admitting it. Everything you stated was irrelevant to the question asked, but thanks for reminding us of things that contributed to no playoffs. The question concerned Bell and Bell only. Youre talking intelligence and cant comprehend a simple question or you skip around answering it directly.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    In the past when fans complained about LBs covering receivers, it was almost always zone. This year, I saw a number of incidences of us getting caught in mismatches with LBs on WRs in man coverage, especially when the opponent overloaded one side with 3 WRs. I wish I had time to dig into the film more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The video shows exploitation of the run versus the true dime with a nickle look. Basically Burnett was playing the linebacker position. The point of the vid, is that this is the type of formation (as well as a 3-3-5 from another vid) that the Steelers would utilize in passing downs.

It shows that the concept of a gameplan of having a linebacker man-to-man with a wide receiver was not part of the game plan.

Did teams take advantage of substitutions at times? Probably. The concept that Butler is out there every game lining linebackers on wide receivers is erroneous. If it was truly that bad, Butler would have already been let go.

The reality is most of these plays of wide receivers making plays against linebackers is due to the QB finding a mismatch. << like most QBs try to do.

So yeah a top linebacker would work, but I'm not seeing them in this draft class.

25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    My only problem with this trade is Brown going to a division rival. Green is the man though. Consummate professional. He even came out a while back saying he was happy with his contract as it was one of the highest at the time and that he was thankful the Bengals gave him the chance. << humble wide receiver. Was great before a foot injury last year.