1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade AB to Bill for the 9th overall pick?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelerNDC, Jan 4, 2019.

1. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    A. Cooper was worth a 1st rounder to the Cowboys and apparently another team offered a 1st as well. I would love to ship AB somewhere cold like the Bills for the 9th or Packers (13th and late first).

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Although I agree with your assesment that we have to to have atleast a top ten draft
    partner for AB. I don't think the culture of the Bills franchise is our ticket. But your on the right
    path. We must have a top ten pick so we have a shot at Devin White, Greedy Williams or whoever can help Steelers win ?. Your choice here.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Even if we get the #1 pick, we will be a weaker team in 2019 with that rookie on the roster in place of AB. Maybe it helps the team culture enough to make a difference, and maybe it doesn’t.

4. SteelerNDC

Oct 25, 2011
    Will we really be a worse team next year? We didn't even make the playoffs this year...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    AB isn't going anywhere. Teammates fight sometime. Sure AB is a diva but he is an all time great HOF WR. He will be back.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you remember Santonio Holmes? Old wake and bake? Steelers sent him packing
    for I believe a fifth rounder. I wouldn't be so sure the Steelers aren't serious about moving AB.
    He is just too big of pain in the ass.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    You sound like a politician, take a stand man and live with it.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Times they are a changing. :cool:

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My stand is simple: losing AB hurts us on the field in 2019, even if we get the #1 overall pick for him. When he’s healthy and playing hard, he’s the best WR in the NFL. In an “off” year he had 1,300 yards and 15 TDs in 15 games. We may be better in the long run getting a high pick for him, but 2019 could be the last year of our window with Ben.

We don’t know the whole story, and probably never will. I suspect that the situation has progresssed beyond the point of no return, but I don’t know that. None of us know. If it can be fixed in a way that keeps our offensive weapons together for 2019, that’s likely the best outcome for our chances at contending in 2019.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't want to minimize Holmes' results as his performance in SB 43 won us a SB, but he is nowhere on the level as AB.

We're the Steelers serious about trading Big Ben after his legal issues? Probably, but they didn't. I think calmer heads will prevail here and AB will be back in 2019.

My honest opinion is that alot of this had to do with Ju Ju winning Team MVP. Why is this always voted upon in season? What is the possible benefit?

AB is a competitor. He's the guy that wants a 2000 yard receiving season. He wants to be mentioned with the greats like Jerry Rice when his career is over. Somebody just has to sit him down (Art Rooney?) And calm him down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Put me in the camp that thinks we are a better team without AB. Not from a talent stand point but from a cultural one.

His distractions plus his need and demand for the ball hurts this team, Ben forces the ball to him to keep him happy. They are better offensively spreading it around.

It’s not like they will go into next season without picking up another WR to take heat off JuJu.

They’d also be smart to incorporate Vance more.

They should commit to the run more too but that’s probably a losing battle with Ben on the team.

Id be very happy shipping AB out for a first rd pick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SteelerNDC

Oct 25, 2011
    Why any of you guys want to keep someone who quit on the team while we had a playoff chance on the line, I dont understand

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelerNDC

Oct 25, 2011
    If we trade him, we take the 20mm cap hit for his signing bonus, that means the team that gets him will get him at a cap numbers only with his salary and most bonuses already paid out? Seems highly valuable to a team.

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    AB has quit atleast twice that we know of? He quit on his teammates, coaches, FO
    and fans of the PGH Steelers. So yes count me in also as wanting to see AB moved.

He is a wonderful possibly HOF talented football player. But there are rules in society
    that must be kept. You miss work your penalized for it. AB feels he is above the rules
    time to move on. And there is no inclination that he will change.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    But it lessens the blow. knowing that we moved a player that doesn't believe in the Steeler way.

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I guess I just don't see it as AB quit on the Steelers. He didn't quit on his teammates. He absolutely wanted to play in the game and was rightfully denied that opportunity. He quit on a walk through, not the game itself. I'm sure injured/sick players have skipped the walk through before and played in the game.

AB is incredibly immature and selfish. He's also in my opinion one of the top 10 greatest WRs ever to play in the NFL.

Him and Ben got into an argument which, if reports are to be believed, Ben asked for him to be removed from the practice field. AB incorrectly left and rather than deal with the situation, in his mind figured he would just show up for the game.

I don't excuse AB's behaviour, but 365 days ago an argument could have been made that we had both a top 2 WR and RB in the NFL. We lost our RB for nothing and if we trade our WR for 30 cents on the dollar we are not going to be in a great position.

How did this happen? How did we get here? Rooneys better be asking some tough questions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    As long as that #9 overall comes with at least another first round pick and then some.