1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tough Path Ahead For the 49ers

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The San Francisco 49ers have been great this season so far with a 8-1 record. I am surprised on how great they have been. I know they were improving from last season. But I did not expect for them to be 8-1 through 9 games. Jimmy Garoppolo have been looking good. The defense with Richard Sherman, Nick Bosa and the other defensive monsters on that squad have been scary and very consistent. That being said, 5 out of the remaining 7 games are going to be extremely tough. They face the Cardinals, Packers, Ravens, Saints, Falcons, Rams and Seahawks. I would not be suprise if the 49ers go 2-5 in those last 7 games. The Packers, Ravens, Saints, Rams and SeaHawks could all beat the 49ers. I will think the 49ers would take out the Cardinals and Falcons (nothing is guaranteed). But those other 5 teams matchup well against the 49ers. It will be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hell of a game last night and one I finally got right. I knew the Seahawks would stop them. All I kept thinking watching the game was either of these two teams could be in the Super Bowl and our beloved Steelers almost beat both of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    49ers will win one Playoff game.

I don’t trust Jimmy G.

Steelers should have beat them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If the 49ers need Jimmy G to win it for them, they will stumble this year. Not sure it's because of his unfamiliarity with his receivers or being over-rated.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    As long as the 49ers beat the Ravens, that's all I care about :thumbs_up:.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    For me, they are easily 3-4 or 4-3 within those contests. As you said, that defense will keep them in games. Question remains as to if Jimmy can.

Keep in mind we had San Fran. That said, we also snatched defeat from the jaws of victory the same. I doubt their future opponents will be as forgiving as we were.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I just hope they continue to beat the crap out of the AFCN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good point about niners. That is a rough schedule and I'm not sold on Jimmy G.

Having early trouble against Cardinals.