1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Topic Icon Glossary

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've noticed a couple posts asking what some of the different topic icons mean, so I thought I'd start a thread here detailing what some of the most common ones are.
    In this screenshot, you'll see some various topic icons to the left of the topic titles.

[​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ones that are blue, mean there are no new posts since your last visit to that topic. Ones that are red mean there are new posts that you haven't read yet.

[​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A star in the icon means you've posted in that topic before.

[​IMG]

If you click on the the orange page image, it will take you right to the first post you haven't read yet in the topic.

[​IMG]

Topics icons with moving lines indicate the topic is hot or has lots of activity. Topics with locks on them are locked and are closed to new posts. Exclamation point icons are for stickied topics that are stuck to the top of the forum.

[​IMG]

If there's any I missed, just let me know.

2. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanx for the tips.
    I was just wondering what the little "fire" icon is?
    It is currently to the left of the "Has Mendenhall lost his edge?", and "The Steelers website has been updated" threads.
    Does it denote a "Hot" topic? controversial? only gonna be relevant for a short time?
    No big thing. Just curious.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Actually, it doesn't mean anything. :) To make it even more confusing, there are post and topic icons you can choose to add just for fun. Great question...I overlooked those.