1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top ILBs in upcoming draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TarheelFlyer, Jun 20, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    was bucky here? I know rader wasnt. :cool:

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Yea it wasn't rader. I think Bucky was later as well. Maybe it was CSW (brit) and McGee (I think that was his name) but I see he isn't on the roster anymore so there's that lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bucky could be an option. Freak athlete they say. Former qb. 4.57 at 6-6 257. Big vert. Maybe a year with Daniels has helped. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bucky was a part of at least 1 preseason game. I remember a excellent blocking effort on a running play. As far as Rader and CSW.....they have basically no shot at making the roster. The search is in for number 3 and quite possibly number 2 as well.

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Heard some of it as well. I also heard him talking about Hollins and didn't have much of anything positive to say:hmm:

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm going to mention this guy again as I have in the past. He's likely now a late round pick/UDFA.

Koron Crump, LB, Arizona St

He's a bit of a hybrid ILB/OLB.

After 2 years of JUCO, as a "JR" he had 9 sacks and a pick.

In hindsight, the most notable game of his college career was against Washington state in 2016. This game film is on YouTube. He had 3 sacks in the game. After an unimpressive first half, he woke up in the second half. He had 1 sack blitzing from the inside and 2 from beating the LT.

Who was the LT of Washington State in 2016?

None other than 1st round lock and probably the single best pass protecting Tackle in this year's draft, Andre Dillard.

Krump went into his senior season in 2017 and accumulated 4 sacks in his first 2 games before tearing his ACL. He returned in 2018 but was not fully healthy yet and combined with a defensive scheme change he decided to leave the team and focus on preparing for the draft.

Krump played at 6'3 225 which is small. He showed up to the ASU pro day in late March at 215. While I can't find much data on all his numbers, 24/7 sports had him running in the 4.40s.

He has NFL speed but lacks the size. He had massive production as a freshman and was off to a blazing start as a sophomore before missing the rest of the season. He proved he could perform vs an elite college Tackle.

I would have to think this has to be worth a late round flier/priority UDFA.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes definitely a guy who has fallen off the map. Definitely a 7th or high priority UDFA risk worth taking.

9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If we do not get Bush, I am really warming to Cashman and Germain Pratt. Not sure Pratt would be there 3a, but both are intriguing. The kid from WVU looks interesting. I would not be surprised to see 3 to 4 D chosen with our first 5 picks.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Steelers hosted wisconsin LB Andrew Van Ginkel wednesday, and worked out LSU running back Nick Brossette their at least showing interest in van ginkle who has good size 6-4 240....

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, I was going to mention Van Ginkel. I watched a few of his games recently. I have doubts about whether he has, or ever will have, the power to be an NFL edge. However, I see the athleticism and instincts that suggest that he can make the Timmons switch from college edge to NFL LB. He’s clearly going to be a late round pick or UDFA, and I’d be happy to see him here.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would probably take Pratt in the second round, if they don't get a ILB in the first round.

• Like Like x 1