1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top CB fails drug test rumor

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This. Haven't looked into him at all since I figured there was no shot we'd get him. Are we reasonably certain he's the guy that failed the drug test? Or is that simply speculation at this point?

2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    We're not even sure that anyone failed a drug test. It's one unreliable tweet from one unreliable guy. If there was something there, every sports reporter worth his salt would have been digging into it. Not to say it's not true, but until there's more, I wouldn't count on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Steelers should just do a reno and set up a rehab facility at Heinz Field.

Then sign Tim Tebow to set the example for clean living and run the counselling sessions.

Steelers play would improve immediately as they would be some repressed, sexually frustrated, sober virgins ready to actually "unleash Hell" on Sundays.

They would literally release all the energy from all the vices that get you sent to Hell on Sunday.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    And Tebow would be running a brothel on the side. LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I would too if it came down to it

Cajun

6. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    He's more than a zone corner But off coverage is where he lives. He is agile,quick and has nice speed But for a overall Top 10 Talent and Number 1 Corner he doesn't have the top end speed I'd like OR the flipping of hips I'd like. He's over aggressive and Will get burnt in the NFL but I believe he'll end up being a good corner if he isn't messed up by early failures. I don't see him as a Top 10 overall talent but that doesn't mean he isn't a real good corner. early to mid 1st rounder but if he drops to 25 I'd be worried, Why did he drop?
    What red flags caused it? That is what scares and That is why I'm not that impressed with him.

Cajun-

7. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Are you confused as to the difference between zone and off coverage? Because this is what you originally said:

^Pretty much all of that is still wrong.

So is he more than a zone corner or not?

You're scared and not impressed with him because of a predictive drop??? That's so weird.

The hips comments is totally perplexing. It comes off as just saying something, to say something. It's not an accurate assessment of Hargreaves at all.

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    If Hargreaves is there at 25 I hope the Steelers RUN to the podium to take him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I hope that if Heargraves were there around 16-17 they would at least making some serious phone calls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think we need to start a rumor that ALL the top CB's failed a drug test.... might as well get them all to drop so we can have the pick of the litter.... :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    That's completely unfair to the rookies whose value you would be hurting. Besides it isn't like the CBs recreational drug use is hurting anyone... not like that Jalen Ramsey.

I heard Ramsey got caught with a hooker in his trunk. Pass it around.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i heard he was in his trunk with tom brady deflating his balls. :cool:

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I see this story is actually true. Could hurt his stock a little but I doubt he falls to #25. Even at that, with what is happening to Bryant, I think the Steelers will stick to squeaky clean character players this year.

EDIT - or not...

Now looks like those reports "could" be phony.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  14. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    If he falls to #25... :dancing:

15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk says that the rumors are phony. Reports that no player failed combine tests. Dang.

16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

Over 90% of my posts come via my phone due to me being busy and away from the house. I don't like long post due to that. I'm not confused, and yes I know the difference and maybe I expect too much, I figure people should know what Im talking about but I'm discovering way too many people like to nit pick and overanalyze general comments.

Zone coverage---- cover 0, 1, 2, ( sometimes tampa-2 ) , 3,4 ( quarters ) , 6----- The type of coverage dictates how a Corner & Safety plays!!! Does he play in a zone/space waiting for someone to come into his assigned zone or does he play Off Coverage ( CB backpedals mirroring wr ) ...this is a type of man-to-man... he may stay with the wr or pass him off defending on type of zone coverage.... Press man is difference from off in that CB plays up on LOS, will battle the wr, and run with him and he better not get beat, this is usually used if you have the right CB and will play cover 0,1 or2. I know the difference.... Do You?????

I stand by every thing I said. He's overvalued because he's a corner ( that position is overvalued because of its need/importance) ... I don't see him as a top 10 player. As a corner to be that high he must be a shutdown corner...something very rare these days... and he isn't one, his hips are too tight and he's too slow. Is he a solid corner? Yes. Can he play off coverage....absolutely but not so much as Press Coverage. Physical WR will push him around and quick wr like AB will lose him is tries that. He lives in off coverage no matter the type of zone he's in.

To me he's a top overall 15-20 player with 20 being a stretch. Depends on stuff we don't know like interviews & reputation and drug screens. I'd love to be able to have him ion the B&G but not now. Either we spend too much moving up to get him or some serious red flags causing him to drop to us is not worth the risk. I'd rather sit and hopefully get apple or jackson.

I hope you understand what I've been saying, can't get much more clearer... if not, oh well.

Cajun-

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Guess I failed the drug test...:eek:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011