1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 30 Visits

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrock151, Mar 13, 2023.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Everyone knows the Steelers always make their first round pick out of that 30 visits. So far, players who have announced official visits with the Steelers are:

Ohio State Tackle Dawand Jones

Florida DL Gervon Dexter

Florida G O'Cyrus Torrence

Georgia CB Kelee Ringo

Minnesota C John Michael Schmitz. Second cousin to John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmitz.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    It won't be Dexter. And by that I am saying "Please don't let it be Dexter!" :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    The two o-line look like picks at 32. Dexter is value at 80.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You're probably right. But, I could see someone falling in love with Jones size. If they can get him around 340-350lbs, he might look like a dancer out there.:superman:

6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    All eyes on Bresee!

Actually, I've seen mocks with Murphy falling that far. Wonder if he could rotate in at olb while they bulk him up to play 5 tech in a year or two?

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Add Kelee Ringo to the list of 30 visits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Mister Stiffness

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s my wife’s nickname for my… well never mind

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'll puke if he's picked before #49.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    My wife keeps mentioning Limp Bizkit, I hope she's talking about the band.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I've never seen a worse performance by a DB ever at the combine. I think Ringo Starr has better ball skills than Kelee Ringo.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed. All He has is straight line speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't really understand this criticism. Ball skills are one of his strengths? He plays the ball very well and is tough to beat in jump ball situations. He isn't a zone CB tho. If we plan on doing anything other than manning him up and allowing him to use his physicality, he's probably not worth picking where we will need to in order to get him. He's not quite the freakish athlete that Gonzalez is, but he's a good athlete with great speed. Physical.

I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be... I like other corners better, but I think he's getting more hate than his game deserves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    At 32 I agree, I don't think he's a bad pick. But he's about 6th on my list of DBs I would take at 17 (maybe 7th, I need to look at Clark Phillips III a little more).

16. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I doubt he's our top CB, but I understand our interest in him. He's one of those guys that could just click and be a top 5 CB in press man. His ceiling is as high as anyone's at the position. He's just more risky. But the position is hella risky anyways, so I think we should take the guy we think is going to be the best. Not the one that is the "best" now.

17. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Here are corners who are better or will potentially be better

Gonzalez, Cam Smith , Witherspoon, Porter, Branch, Deonte Banks, Forbes, Clark Phillips, Julius Brents, Reilly.

Ringo is in the same class as Rush, Kelly, Tomlinson and the like. His advantage is being a physical specimen. I'd suggest he gain 20 pounds and play Linebacker. He may just be great at it. But he is a a technically inferior corner with great athletism.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    You can't undo stiff hips. His ceiling seems high, but probably isn't going to ever reach it because of all his current deficiencies.

Any player can become great. I mean there have been undrafted Hall of famers. So it's not beyond imagination. But based on traits, he shouldn't be an early pick. He is surfing on, school recognition, name recognition, and athletism.

His tape isn't good. And his workouts were bad.

Yeah, he was a five star high school recruit. I get it. And he is freakishly big/fast. Which is a tremendous mix.

But neither the tape or workouts were good. My conclusion is that he probably shouldn't be a corner. Safety or Linebacker might be a better look.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Ringo is ONLY a zone corner at this time. He is too stiff and slow in his transitions to play man, at least right now. I am actually thinking he is a good candidate to move to safety.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He is Edmunds. Only at CB. Same problem as Edmunds(very stiff Hips), but He maybe smarter. :shrug:
    No matter how fast You are ....if Your hips are welded to your shoulders....You can't transition quickly enough.
    I would think off the ball zone would be His best fit....not His worst. :shrug:

21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I’m actually hoping we draft the Riley kid out of Iowa later even if we take a corner at 17

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree with you and Hanratty, STD. His combine work was hard to watch. Not sure what word is the opposite of “fluid” exactly, but that’s what he was in his pedal and his transitions. “Clunky” maybe?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Interesting. Couldn't we just get that guy at like.... our 3rd or 4th round pick? I guess maybe second if we really like him.

24. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    His biggest strength is his physicality though, you can't take that away from him and expect him to flourish. His lack of fluidity in his backpedal and transition makes him a bad off-man fit, but he HAS to use his size and frame to bully WR's at the line and then let his speed keep him in phase. If he can use that to his advantage and not let them off the line free, then it wont matter if his backpedal is less than fluid.

He is almost going to have to be used as a Brandon Browner type. Kelee isn't quite as big or long, but he's a heck of a lot faster. You can put Ringo in zone, but if he is ever going to be better than just a decent corner its going to be because he excels in press man.

25. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Edmunds' problem isn't in his stiff hips, its that he for some reason doesn't possess a natural feel for zone coverage. He is actually decent in man and good in the box. While its a fine skillset, its not a lucrative one for him unfortunately.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1