1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 3 offenses

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 23, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Are in the championship game.

1. Green Bay
    2. Buffalo bills
    3. Bucs
    6. Chiefs

No top 5 defense left in the playoffs.

Times are changing

(I’m bored calm down lol)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The changes the NFL made to favor offense were hard for me to accept. I was raised on the 70's defense. I'm one of the few NFL fans left who would rather see a hard fought defensive battle then a 48-42 barn burner. I do understand that the majority want the high scoring back and forth battles but a lot of times it makes for lopsided wins. Most defensive battles are closely fought games.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I know all things evolve, for me a pitching duel in baseball, with good defense, strategic offense where every facet is considered and used ( a lot of forgotten things like bunt, hit and run, 2 singles and moving them to scoring position) made the game fun to watch. Now we sit through strike out or home run and 5-6 pitching changes. Defense used to matter in basketball, now I can hardly stand to watch.

Football has always been my favorite sport, but honestly the high scoring just does not excite me. I know it takes great talent to do what they do, but with the nearly impossible restrictive defensive rules I tire of watching O's move so easily down the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    A few rules away from all the games being about exciting as the probowl.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Where do those teams fall on the list because I wouldn’t call any of them bad defenses. Even KC seems to be playing better on that end of the ball. Bucs definitely have a good defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah they weren’t top 5 statistically but just wanted to make a point lol.

chiefs defense is pretty damn good and Bucs as well. I would argue a healthy Steelers team defense is better but I’d take chiefs any day over them.

offense essentially is more important nowadays, but defense and special teams have to not suck

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I can make a case for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to have the best front seven in all of football. Pair that with a young but fun ascending secondary and you make a Top 5 Defense on paper. While they did not show it during the first half of the season, that narrative changed during the second half.

Remember that it takes time and camaraderie to integrate so many young players into one scheme and philosophy; Defensive Backs especially. However, once that union has been created, expect to receive good to great results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    That White kid has TB playing for a ring.