1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Too easily forgotten

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by StillCurtain, Feb 11, 2024.

1. JD86

JD86 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Kirkland was drafted in 92, K. Bell in 01. Bell was fun to watch those 4 years with the Steelers, his greatest being his rookie year when he won DPOY.

Kirkland will always be one of my favorites, he was a freak of nature with his size and speed, 275 pds but had the speed to drop into coverage. I remember reading that he would practice by hitting tree trunks when he was a kid lol.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ah..!! I see.

Ryan Shaizer is easily one that comes to mind for certain though that would be the easy choice in my opinion. Dave Brown from the 1975 Steelers is one I wished who could have stayed. That way, Pittsburgh would have had two ball hawking CBs. However, due to the NFL Expansion draft in 1976 to make way for the Seattle Seahawks... someone had to go.

Another is Stephon Tuitt. Man... do I miss "Do it Tuitt". Was an absolute force during his prime as a run stuffing 3-4 Five Tech. Pittsburgh still hasn't replaced him since then.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    He retired early on his own free will. They say he saved every nickel he made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Big big loss Senior Sack.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He went to a expansion team, and retired. Back then the two expansion teams pretty much got to get a lot of players they wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I thought Eric Green was going to end up being the greatest Steelers tight end. He had a couple of good seasons with us, but drug usage, weight problems, and a generally poor attitude led to a shortened tenure with the team and an overall uninspiring career.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Dave brown is another one I will have to research now because I've never heard of him.

8. StillCurtain

Dec 24, 2018

Glad to hear that. Smart man.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. StillCurtain

Dec 24, 2018

I did too. He was early enough in the game that there weren't too many tight ends being used the way they would come to be.

10. StillCurtain

Dec 24, 2018

Makes sense since Kirkland was built like a tree stump essentially lol. He was a whole different type of lb with that combo of size and speed. Those years him and brown were paired together on the inside was hard to beat. Brown I guess is another I really hated losing. Don't seem to remember him having the same success once he left though which seemed to happen alot until Woodson left.

• Winner Winner x 2