1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin's Weekly Press Conf - Broncos - WC Weekend

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Jan 3, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Tomlin's Weekly Press Conf - Broncos

Ryan Clark will not play in Denver, but he will make trip. Mundy will start in his place
    DJohnson hyperextended elbow, will play.
    Ben's ankle is doing OK.
    Allen (shoulder) and M. Moore (knee) "questionable at best" for the Broncos game.
    Woodley back this week as well with Legursky
    MRI showed very little damage in Lewis hammy & might play Sunday

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Hammies can be tricky buggers to heal. Hopefully all of this time off served Woodley well.

Not that we need a fast pass rush this week. We need to keep Timmah! in the pocket and collapse it.

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am crossing my fingers that Lewis will be able to play...I can not stomach watching McBadden stumble around out there.... :banghead:

4. Sauce

Sauce Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Maybe would be an idea to rest Lewis for the next game, seeing as the Broncos don't have a terribly scary passing game, and the extra DBs will be essential against the Pats or Ravens.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :amen: In the presser, Tomlin praised McFadden and said something to the effect of 'having confidence in him and the lights won't be too bright for him, because he's been in big games before'.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Huh???? Was he watching the same game? I mean I know BMac had some rust but he was HORRENDOUS and he only played like a half of a quarter. PLEASEEEEEEE put someone else in :praying:

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bryant has won two Super Bowls as the #2 or #3 CB on this team, and performed well in them. He wasn't a passenger on those teams. He has it in him. He hasn't had much of a chance this year because he was hurt early on and Gay was playing the best ball of his career and they didn't want to rock the boat. Yes, he has some rust to shake off. BUT...

Against the Broncos, we will be facing a subpar receiving corps and possibly the worst passer in the NFL. I'm not even worried about Gay taking the number two, let alone McFadden taking the number three. Everyone's primary job will be stopping Tebow and the running backs. That's a job for which I have more faith in McFadden than Lewis, Allen, Gay, Brown, or anyone else. He'll be fine this week, and Lewis will be back next week.

8. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Did he mention Cortez Allen?

Sorry, I missed it...shoulder

9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You give alot of credit to Mcfadden but those super bowls was his best years and what i seen in that somewhat half a quarter he looked terrible and we are not going to talk about the first game against the ravens. Plus don't underestimate Tebow throwing the ball, especially at home. We have a bad habit of play down to our opponent and with the home crowd behind him he could embarrass us. How many mediocre quarterbacks have we faced that looked like the second coming of Joe Montana?

10. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Not saying he's the answer, just that by Sunday night we will have forgotten all about him. I think it's a similar situation to Legursky playing the Super Bowl. All this concern will lead to nothing.

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I knew Bryant McFadden; Bryant McFadden was a friend of mine. You sir #20, are no Bryant McFadden!
    :thumbsdown:

12. 43FOLyfe!

43FOLyfe! Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Let's not forget that Jason Woirlds has been doing a great job in Woodley's place. I will say I would rather see Woodley in there all game.

13. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    IF we have to rely on Mcfadden to cover someone lets say in round 2? we are over! Guy is sooooo past his medicore prime. Lewis better return quickly

14. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I know the '05 and '08 Super Bowl wins are from awhile back, but we're saying that we can't win a single game if he's our number three? We made it to the Super Bowl with him as the #2 earlier this year!!

Edit: I just realized it's 2012. I change my above comment to, "We made it to the Super Bowl with him as the #2 less than 12 months ago!!

15. Woodley's Woodies

Woodley's Woodies Active Member

Dec 16, 2011
    The second paragraph here is on point. The only way the Steelers struggle in this game is if they miss basic tackles. Say what you want about McFadden's coverage, but in this one game (the only game he would play this role) it will be largely irrelevant. We just need guys who will tackle against the Broncos.