1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin's Weekly Press Conf - Bengals - Wk 10 - 2011

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Nov 8, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    http://burgh.us/9ol
    WR Emmanual Sanders had his knee scoped yesterday and will miss a couple of weeks.
    Cotchery, Sylvester have swelling on the knee, might limit them. Hines doing well.
    Will see where Woodley is this week. Steelers again taking wait and see approach with Woodley and Farrior.
    Ward "doing well" with concussion-like symptoms and not expected to be limited this week. Hines Ward is going to be able to practice. Further exams will decide whether he plays Sun.
    Harrison no setbacks. Farrior will be monitored as well this week.
    Arnaz Battle has hamstring strain. Will see where the weeks takes him.
    Hoke was a healthy scratch Sunday.

Tomlin on FG situation: wanted to try and draw Ravens offsides. "I should have handled that cleaner but I didn't." Tomlin says Steelers had no intention of kicking a FG near end of game.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Glad Hines is doing well after his 'stinger' oops, concussion like symptoms. ;-) That's bad news about Sanders. I wonder what the injury is exactly. So, if Sanders is out, and Cotchery couldn't play (I hope it's nothing serious, but if it sidelines him Sunday) who else dresses on gameday? Tyler Grisham?

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    quoting "Tomlin on FG situation: wanted to try and draw Ravens offsides. "I should have handled that cleaner but I didn't." Tomlin says Steelers had no intention of kicking a FG near end of game."

If this was the case why the hel wasn't Big Ben out there doing it...no one is going to jump offsides on a dam FG

4. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I said the same in another post. If you want to draw a team offside, you get the offense out there and have Ben try to draw them off.

And to bring Grisham up for the PS, i think we would have to either cut or IR a current player on the roster.