1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin's Seat

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Jan 22, 2017.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think the Rooney's would fire him given their history but the staff maybe forced to change.

2. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Schottenheimer had awful luck. I mean, just awful. Two inexplicable fumbles likely kept him from a Super Bowl.

3. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    That's the more likely thing that will occur. Based on the players' reaction after Bradshaw's comments, they firmly support Tomlin. IMO, the
    One might say that Tomlin had great luck in inheriting Cowher's team.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I say no way Haley is gone either.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No but he might get some negative remarks from KC and the Rooney's on his exit interview.

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You are correct. But I don't think he's capable of getting this team over the hump. He's a good coach but not a great coach. You could argue he's an average coach. His players like him, but I'm not sure they respond to him the way Belichick's players respond to him. I'm not sure they truly respect him. I think AB's FB live feed may have given us a glimpse of that. Several of the players in the locker room were treating Tomlin like white noise! Another year, another blown opportunity with a franchise quarterback. Ben will be older and slower and less healthy next year. Window closing fast!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Beaten by coaching. Most of those Pats players wouldn't be 1/2 the player if on any other team.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Art II could be a bit different than his elders. It'll be interesting to see how patient he will be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kyp

Kyp Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I am tired of blaming our offensive coordinator or our defensive coordinator. It's time tomlin hits the road. he is just too nice of a guy. We need a slobbering ******* for a coach

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Patriots are working with average talent and above average coaching. We are working with above average talent and average coaching. Sadly, there's nobody out there better than Mike Joblin so he's going no where. We are at a draw and sadly, coaching > talent and sadly, the only coach that can beat us is in our conference. Cheatriots will coast to another 1 seed while we will be one drive/AB stretch away from beating the Bengals/Ravens for a playoff spot. Sad but reality of the situation.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too. I have seen it far too long. Totally unprepared, Totally in over his head. Atleast try something different.

12. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    He's going nowhere, which is a shame because he brings absolutely nothing that I can see apart from some rah rah.

13. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I agree, I don't think we should assume Art will do things as they've always done before. He's already shown he's willing to do things differently like signing free agents. Who knows, he could shake things up.

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    do you really go on the hot seat after making the afc championship game?

15. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Are you serious? You do realize that there is no other coach in the league near Bellichick's level right? I'm so glad none of you so called fans are making decisions for this team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Tomlin's seat is fine. We went up against the best coach and qb combo with one wr, a #2 rb, an aging qb, and a porous defense. The outcome of this game was never in question unless every single thing went our way

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Tomlin's not going anywhere.

Belicheat watched EVERY snap of the whole Steelers season to prepare for this game. I wonder if Tomlin, Butler and Haley did the same :eek: I would say Negative...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not a FMTI proponent because I just don't see anyone out there who impresses me that much. The fact is that Tomlin is a pretty good checker player. But when he faces a coach who is accomplished at chess, he's overmatched.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    He's got them over a four game losing streak, and taken a team with multiple injuries, rookies and suspensions and got them to the AFCCG.

His capability to get teams over humps is not in question. It's his capability of keeping them away from humps in the first place that is more frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand your point, but the "hump" to me is to make it through the playoff gamut all the way to the Super Bowl.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some of you are nuts. The guys been to 2 SB's won 1 went through a rebuild, took the team on a nine game winning streak and within one game of reaching another SB.

Keep pining away for a Belichick type coach because the only way that happens is if Belichick comes here himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tomlins not going any where any time soon!!! We should let that go folks. Success in the NFL is measure with a .500 or better record go below that your job is on the line. Go above that equals a successful season like it not. The fortunate thing for the Steelers is we've had enough success over the years that times like this a speed bumps and the "we got six of em" most in the league mentality comes into play and "we'll go for a run next year". Other than the Steelers organization and Steeler Nation we are a hated group because other teams and their fanbase would love to have our success and win we lose life is god for them!!! The moral of the story is each and every year we have a shot to go all the way!!! and we have alot of history to be proud of. Case in point I had people texting me who don't normally text me Haters!!! I ignored them!!!

23. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Marty Schottenheimer was fired from San Diego after a 14-2 season and losing the championship game. Marty was very successful in the regular seasons at SD but was never able to get them past the playoffs. Sounds familiar doesnt it.....there comes a point in time when you have to look deep in the mirror and ask yourself, does this guy have what it takes.....right now the answer I see with Tomlin is NO, he is successful record wise but his playoff success is not.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    You think he might if we ask him real nice...:eek:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This team will be back in the playoffs next year and as I said in another thread they have taken a step each of the last 3 seasons with this same group. Hopefully next season is the Super Bowl step. There is a lot of talent on this team and they will once again be a factor in the AFC next season.