1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin's Post Game Quote!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by snipit73, Jan 10, 2012.

1. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    For those of yinz that haven't read it yet! Take it for what it's worth!!!!!!!!!!

While the roster is likely to change, Tomlin was asked if he expects both of his coordinators – Dick LeBeau and Bruce Arians – to be back next season.

“I anticipate it, but of course we all understand what the end of the season is about and movement is a part of it in today’s NFL for players and coaches,” said Tomlin. “We are going to try to maintain continuity like we always do. We believe that is a benefit to us, but we also understand that things can happen, and we will deal with those as they arrive.”

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Both DL and BA have already publicly said they want to come back next year. So in other words, nothing changes next year, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. I think this year was a sign of things to come. We have serious offensive problems, and we have defensive problems as well that require fixing, but the problem is that success against weak teams hid those problems which meant they didn't get addressed. What we need is a schedule like we faced in 2008 so either this team will have to address its weaknesses or will get absolutely destroyed.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    what do you expekt for a guy that was not even able to pull ben in the 4thr in sanfran?
    tomlin has no power ,since doesn't brake the lethal connection beteween ben and bruce

4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

People been saying similar statements like, "I think this year was a sign of things to come" for years.

Show me a team without serious problems or weaknesses? ho hum good luck finding that team. Some fans still don't get it after years of watching football. There's no hope for some folks. If you expect the Steelers to never have any weaknesses then you will be in for another year of disappointment. And in case you never realized, they attempted to address positions and areas of this team. Sometimes injuries interfered with their plans. They are also limited by the the salary capp and their are simply not enough quality players to go around for every position.

I can see you never learned that there are really no weak teams in the league. There are teams with bad records that have the talent to compete and win in the NFL. That means those teams can win on any given Sunday. It's why we witness upsets throughout the season and in the post season. Steelers played the schedule they were given. Every win counts the same.

I think it's been a while since this team's season was absolutely destroyed. Based on your tone, you seem to gloat and hope that this team gets destroyed. Makes me wonder if you are really a Steeler's fan.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And there it is, when you have nothing creative to say, just accuse others of not being real Steelers fans. God I hate that. If you saw my basement and my jersey collection, you'd know I'm as big of a Steelers fan as they come. I don't ever want the Steelers to get destroyed. I want them to win the Superbowl every year. Read what I wrote, I said what we need is a tough schedule like we had in 2008, that will really expose this teams weaknesses, and then we can address them properly.

I don't think I have ever thought this negatively about the Steelers in my life. This years team really did not impress me at all, and in fact, frustrated me. Myself and many others could see the problems with this team, but us beating weaker teams hid those problems and they weren't addressed at all. We haven't had a run game all year long, and despite what people think, it wasn't solely due to the RB or the Oline. A lot of it is scheming and playcalling. That wasn't fixed at all throughout the season. Our DB's were very inconsistent, but because we faced dog **** QB's all year, they weren't exposed and the issue was ignored. Just look at the Broncos game, Lebeau thought he could leave our CB's to fend for themselves without help. Look how that turned out. Lebeau should not have called the game that way, but he did likely because he believed the hype surrounding our #1 pass defence.

If we just didn't have good enough players to get it done, fine, I can accept that, but that wasn't the case. We had one of the most talented teams in the league, but despite our 12-4 record, we just weren't that good. We underachieved badly this year, and that's what frustrates me. I'm fine with losing if we're just not good enough, but we have the talent to win the SB this year, but we weren't even close. If we had a tougher schedule, I don't even think we would have been in the playoffs. And the biggest problem is, I have a feeling that the reasons we underachieved aren't going to be addressed. I hope I'm wrong though

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I know people don't want to accept it as an excuse but we really were decimated by injuries all season long and seemed to escalate in the Denver game. As for next season, try and draft well, plug your holes and go from there.

8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Nothing creative to say? Basement and jersey collection?

They attempt to address areas of the team. Like all the other teams in the league, they are limited for different reasons.

Never thought this negatively about this team? Were you a fan in the 80's? How about 98 and 99 when they had back to back losing seasons? In the last 20 seasons, 98 and 99 was as bad as it got for Steelers fans. In the last 20 seasons, they had 3 losing seasons and one season where they finished 8-8. 16 other seasons they had winning records. Of those 16 seasons, they made the playoffs 14 times. I feel this organization deserves a little more appreciation from some of it's fans.

Again, EVERY TEAM HAS WEAKNESSES. The teams that overcome weaknesses give themselves the best chance to win games. Considering all the injuries, Steelers did a good job of that this season. Most of the run game issues were due to the shuffling a long Oline almost ever week. Did you realize Trai Essex played center this season? Even in this scheme & injuries, the Steelers ran the ball for 4.4 yards per carry. That was good enough to be tied for 9th in the league. The run game might be better if they can avoid the injury bug and gain more continuity on the Oline.

In some cases, they didn't have the players to get it done. All teams have talented players. Talent is only one factor in the equation to having a successful team. Injuries hampered several talented players on this team. 12-4 says this was a good team. Underachieved badly? I don't see it that way. They won 12 games and had the opportunity to play in the playoffs. They are not going to make it to the Superbowl every season.

I don't know what constitutes a tougher schedule. I don't care what fans considers a tough or weak schedule. I do know fans should never take winning 12 games for granted. Make not mistakes, this team will always have weaknesses or areas that need to be addressed.

Short of winning the SB, some fans will always feel this team underachieved. I kinda feel bad for those folks. That's because they can't take satisfaction in the fact that this team had a winning season, remained competitive, and made the playoffs.

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lebeau is 74 years old so I don't see how he can work the hours that other coaches work (Coach Kirby usually arrived around 4AM from articles I have read) I love what Lebeau has done for the Steelers but I think we need someone a bit younger.

10. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The way Tomlin speaks and says stuff without actually saying anything would make him a very successful politician. Unfortunately Politicians are mostly blow hards.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I have never heard someone talk in circles as well as he does.... ;)

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Shaner, I agree with you 100% and to have your dedication to this team questioned because you aren't continuously praising them, is beyond annoying. EVERY person on here is a TRUE Steelers fan so can we please stop throwing that out every time someone doesn't agree with your way of thinking? Geez. :frustrated: