1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Sep 9, 2019.

1. djac111

djac111 Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Please fire Tomlin so he can move on to a fan base that might appreciate winning .. Ben has no one else to blame now so after dropping Tomlin where will the blame go ? This reminds me of Dennis Green who had his 1st losing season in a decade for the Vikes in 2001 and was fired in 2002 .Fans were upset at only making the playoffs but not winning the SB. Sounds familiar doesn't it ? Well the Vikes made playoffs 8 out of the 10 years he coached and since have made the playoffs 6 times in the last 17 YEARS so be careful what you wish for .. Big Ben's QBR was lower than Trubisky's this week and that was Tomlin's fault ? We just lost the best RB and WR (in my opinion) in the league over a 1 year period and fans expect this team to be better ? Really ? Locker room may be better, but NO WAY will the 12 on offense will be better !! I say 12 because having Bell and Connors in backfield would have been awesome. WE didn't make playoffs last season with AB so why is anyone expecting anything different now ? Please someone educate me on why this team is better this year ? Devin Bush ?? Replaced AB with a Jaguar reject .. The Jags didn't want him back .. The Pats are stacked and won the SB but still go out and get AB . Please someone tell me what top FA's have been brought in over the years to help Tomlin ? Why does Colbert get a free pass in losing 2 generational players and replace them with Moncrief ? Guess its easier to blame the coach. Belichick is the best coach in the game and may be the g.o.a.t so please lets stop the what ifs we had him. Every team in the NFL could say the same.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Don't ever recall Ben blaming Tomlin. In fact he is as bad as Tomlin when it comes to platitudes. He usually blames himself and not playing well enough. Yes he has called out a player here and there but generally he will take the blame which really at the end of the day means nothing. If the waterboy takes the blame does it change the outcome?

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-give-mike-tomlin-contract-extension-through-2021-season/
    "His contract now runs through the 2021 season.
    Tomlin confirmed the contract also contains an option for 2022."
    According to this article (and other articles) he was under contract thru the 2020 season. The extension covers him thru 2021 with a 2022 option. Unless I'm reading it wrong and I misunderstood all along.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Why was Tomlin running his 2 minute/ hurry up ofense with lil over a minute left in the game down by 30, when he would not do it when we was down by 20:shrug::shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I guess he ain’t going anywhere for a while then

6. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Coaching changes should have been done this past off season. Joey Porter was not the problem,

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    This guy doesn't know how to gameplan or manage his players. I don't understand all the questions and BS.

I've watched every single game he's coached, other than that 4 game stretch where he went 3-1 when Ben was suspended, he has been average to ****.

Now that they have less talent, his flaws will come out even worse. Two of his top 3 players stopped playing for him. What does that tell you?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No, I don't get the press conference here in Florida. Thank god, but doesn't he say the same babble every time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben refusing to get under center, he could have scored from the 1 with two tries imo.

10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Tomlin for sure deserves some blame but Ben doesn't get near enough. He's the least dedicated franchise quarterback I've ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So which would everyone rather see, Tomlin without Ben or Ben without Tomlin?

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    My issues with Ben are well documented. They are in line with yours. The thing is the HC is supposed to be responsible for the culture and setting the tone for how the team is going to be run. Ben was still young enough when Tomlin got there to set the tone for him and the rest of the team. Part of the problem was Ben had already won a SB and helped Tomlin win a SB soon as he got there and that pretty much killed any chance of taking a harder stance with Ben and how he went about his business. The rest is history....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    C- Ben with Belichick at this stage of both of their careers . The entertainment value would be off the charts.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I totally agree, but I would add that all of his hand pick asst suck as well. I told you all that losing munchak was gonna be a big blow. Not getting k.greene was a big mistake ... just to name a few. It can't be all the players ... year in and year out. Speaking of players, ben should be ashame of himself. He doesn't belong in the same category of the greats. He's too inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    No way Tomlin was going to change Ben. Like you said he was already a SB winning QB and undisputed top dog in the organization when Tomlin came on board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    There was only one time that I can recall there was a 4th and 1 and the decided to punt. I figured you got what a 6'6 QB that could QB sneak to get that yard and you punt it? wow

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I was talking about the goal-line FG.
    Down by three scores, on the 1, Tomlin wants some points, 20-3. WTF?

18. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I’m about to the point of wanting to see the Steelers without either one. It’s a bad combination that’s for sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    The Steelers will not fire Tomlin. But he will resign at the same time that Ben calls it quits because Ben is the only reason he had success. He has never had to coach without a future HOF quarterback.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It was actually about 6” if I remember correctly. If it’s the same play we’re talking about.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Cowardly

22. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    yeah, good thing Tomlin doesn't live in his fears...

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He don’t....the only time he really does is when he actually does.

24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin & Ben both

More on Ben imo.

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm at the point where I want a " rebuild " ...Well, not so much a rebuild but the next chapter in Steelers Football...Ben, Tomlin, Coordinators all gone...

It's been a great ride, Tons of great memories, But this team as currently constructed will continue imo...to be exactly like it has been for years...

Beat some great teams, Lose to ****ty teams, Be great one game, next week play like Ass..Be better than .500, Maybe make playoffs...Fall short of our expectations, underachieve...

Maybe we our spoiled, Some Fanbases would love to be " in our position "...And that's fine...But I want more...Championships! Or the ability to compete for one...

This isn't a knee jerk reaction after one game...I just don't have faith in Tomlin, Ben, or that Defense to do what " I want "... Another Championship!

• Winner Winner x 5