1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I sorta understand the emotions and feelings of watching them put crap out onto the field and watching Brady with precision slice and dice this damn defense. I actually shut off the tv in the 3rd quarter. I know this does not make me a true fan of 42 years lol..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well ok you may be a true fan....but you’re clearly not a glutton for punishment like me:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wasn't the first bad game and it won't be the last bad game. The first game of the season isn't a real indication of how a team will do for the rest of the season. I don't think the team is as bad as they showed last night. On the flip side they were not as great as some fans seem to prop them up to be every season. Only time will tell how this team does.

It's disappointing to watch the team perform the the way that they did. People need to bring themselves back to reality when they let the game affect them in an extremely negative manner. Fans get zero reward if the team wins or loses. That's reality.

The players and coaches probably feel worse. They have to listen to all the negative criticisms for their poor performance. Some players might lose their jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'm very near the front, followed by 25 million people. We're working all hours to make more seats though. We'll need them.

5. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What a dream job to have. Get hired as the head coach and can’t do the job and don’t get fired. Where do I apply.

6. TP43

TP43 Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Tomlin always gets outcoached by BB, although it's only the first game.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  7. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    If they do not replace him, they have to look to find new coordinators. Let’s face it, these two guys are less than average. The Cowboys defensive backfield coach comes to mind. He is basically running their defense since last year and they’ve improved a great deal. Another performance like this should lend consideration to letting Mason get some experience because Ben looks old.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    They need to feel bad and ashamed. If I was being paid that kind of cheddar I would expect to get my a ss kicked for a performance of that caliber.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    From Heinz Field to Latrobe at this point.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He was given the Keys to a Ferrari and is now running
    it like a Ford. As I have said for a looooong time
    nothing more than a position coach. That's about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Classic Tomlin in admitting that "we were not ready for prime time." Now that he has said what many including myself have been saying for years, I have to ask, why not?

Game 1 against the SB champs. Who needs motivation for that? If this team needs more motivation or readiness for that game, we are in big big trouble. Question I have for him, "were YOU ready?" Apparently not. Nothing new here, move on. Same old, same old.

Next week we will be ready, right? You know, unleash hell and all that. Yea, ready.

I hate to throw a wet blanket on this but just think, week 3 we go to San Fran out on the west coast where we are always ready to play. OK, so 0-3 has a nice ring to it.

No way this clown show wins on Sunday against the Seattle. The Steelers have lost 2 of the top 5 playmakers over the last 2 years. You aren't going to magically create an offense without any playmakers. Going to be a long long year.

rutan

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2015

14. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Could have said it any better than this. Been a Steeler fan since the 70's as well, started losing interest with the whole national anthem spectacle and really can't seem to support them especially with this coach. Time for a shake up and some sweeping changes. Haven't been to a game in two years and will not be going to one anytime soon. I hate this, but it is hard to support something when your heart is not into it, which is how I feel they played last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The shame of it all is that the Pats need a nemesis since Manning left, we should be that nemesis. Good vs. Evil. All this time wasted for a stupid tradition...

16. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I think it might be time to take away the ping pong table again...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I turned off the TV too. This team is slowly losing me as a fan. Not because of the losses, I can handle losing. It's the refusal to adapt. Refusing to accept the obvious. Refusing to make any meaningful changes. I've been on the fire Tomlin wagon since probably 2011. I have never liked what I saw from him. It's tough watching your favourite team underachieve due to mismanagement. On top of that, there's all the nonsense with Ben, Brown, Vick, etc. It's becoming too much.

I'm still as big a fan of the franchise as ever, but this current group, they've lost me a bit. Once upon a time I would have never even dreamed of turning off my TV. These days, I'm having trouble even caring. Apparently the Rooney's don't care, so why should I?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We didn't just lose the AFCCG. We were flat out humiliated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice post. I will always root for,the uniform but some of these cast of characters are getting hard to root for. Like you said, so much nonsense from the top down. Too many talkers on this current team and not enough action for my liking.
    I know it’s one game and the first game but we were promised better focus and preparation. We got none of that. Tough circumstances,tough building to play in but we got the same unpreparedness we are growing very accustomed to.
    The distractions were a convenient excuse but we don’t have that excuse anymore. They all said things were going to be different this year. They failed their first test miserably.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I was totally against giving him ANY extension. But it seemed that their is a small doubt creeping into Art II's head about him, only giving him the one year.

Ummmm yea Art we weren't ready for prime time football, ummmm we owned it, ummmm it sucks blah blah blah ummmm Popcorn. Can you imagine after he stood up there and said all that stupid $hit that Art II was pleased? Totally unprepared, a laughing stock. Pathetic.

I understand why the Rooney Rule is in place but it's time to cut the cord on this joke. And take dim bulb Butler with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Normally I would say the extension was just to avoid a lame duck situation this season but then again the Steelers history of keeping coaches basically solely based on their contract situation makes me fear otherwise.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    The problem becomes when you hire based on rooney rules and policy you run the risk of being considered racist and discriminatory when it's time to part ways.

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think it’s definitely a concern. Art made a comment this off season that didn’t get the play and attention it deserved. I even brought it up. He basically said that there was a shortage of minoriities in coaching and that it needs to be looked into and find ways to make more of a effort to make the hiring process fairer ,I guess you can say. I’m paraphrasing but that was the gist. Why would you even make that comment knowing you may be faced with the decision of having to actually fire your minority coach. The very rule bearing your family name. To me another example of the dumb **** coming out of our organization lately.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Fire Tomlin, hire another minority coach. Problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    such as?